Character: Witch - Update - Pg 14 - Sept. 29

Looking good. Keep us posted :smiley:

Whee! She now has hands!

http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/albums/bgdm/witch_007.jpg

I have to confess, I stole them from the MakeHuman mesh though. I just was getting too frustrated with modelling them. I was getting something that was sort of looking good, then it wasnā€™t. I went through 10 friggin sets and then I gave up.

On to the rest of her and then the joy of unwrapping and painting textures! :o :stuck_out_tongue:

@ner: Thanks man.

Modron: Thanks too.

mr_bomb: And a thanks to you too.

BgDM

Unfair!
Unfair!
Unfair!

Youā€™ve modeled hands but you post frontal renderā€¦ cannot see hands well :smiley:

Please, post hand detail :smiley:

Stefano

S68: If you read my post, I stole the hands from MakeHuman, as I was getting too frustrated with the modelling on my own. Still need lots of practice on doing hands. So a clear hand shot will be kind of redundant. I tweaked them a little bit, but not enough to warrant a hand render.

BgDM

Good work, keep us updated.

I know what you mean about hands, by the time you get them modelled there malproportioned so you start over and it happens again and again, well at least thats with me.

She kind of looks like sheā€™s shrugging right now, but that will probably change with a pose.

Good work.

looks very nice, are you going to do legs too.
also i understand the tough decision about the hands, but i think you should go with one of the sets you already made for a couple of reasons. first to keep the consitacy of the model all the same, and in the end i think it would be a lot more gratifying to have a great model like this and be able to say it is all your work. and dont forget the more you practice the better you will get at making them.

so a lot to gain from having your own hands. but either way looks very nice, love the boobies look great, i bet you hated spending so much time researching on the internet right :wink:

Hehe, I read it, but from the frontal shot they looked different enought to deserve a closer view :wink:

Stefano

Stefano: Just for you! :wink:

http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/albums/bgdm/hand.jpg

BgDM

hey dude did that link i gave you help with the modeling of that hand???

let me know

Big_Kahuna: Hey man. Yeah, it helped. Though I still couldnā€™t model it worth a crap! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the link though. It definiteley helped.

BgDM

cool dude that site is like awesome for reference images for humans dude. anyway later

I feel your pain, modeling hands sucks. It took me three attempts to do the set I stuck on the nude female mesh, and now Iā€™m about to do a new set for Superman.

This witch mesh is looking really good. I know thereā€™s fabrics and stuff that will cover some areas of the human form, so details like bellybuttons and collarbones would be redundant here. Since the initial drawing makes her look like an evil bitch, some muscle tone in the arms might suit her. Thereā€™s something odd about the shape of the elbows, but from the straight on shot I canā€™t pick it out.

Love the mask.

Keep going.

Big_Kahuna: yeah, I have known about www.fineart.sk for a long time. Just never went there for hand references. :wink:

shadowman99: Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it from someone as skilled as you with moidelling human figures. Alas, the hands did become just one huge pain. I feel like a cheap SOB for using another mesh, but I have to move on on this one.

As for the arm definition, I totally agree. I will be adding some loop cuts and tweaking that next. The elbow is a little off and needs some more definition too. Hopefully I can work that out.

BgDM

Hehe :slight_smile:

Thanx for posting closeup, and sorry for misunderstunding!

Now, if I may suggest, Iā€™d PET shrink fingers tips to get a more slender look, and give nails a more ā€˜curvedā€™ shape both longitudinally and transversally.

If I remember well that is all the body you need, right? :wink:

Keep us updated

Stefano

a really good work there.

S68: Yeah, I was thinking that myself. One of the many things that needs to be done. :wink: As for the body, yep, that is all I really need. As shadowman99 pointed out, I will be defining her arms some more to make her look a little more menacing, but that should be it.

neos: Thanks.

BgDM

Hey BgDM, just another weighin on the hand: I agree with S68 on the scaling, and add that you might want to tweak the fingernails into more vicious, clawlike appearance- might be cool
donā€™t forget the cool ā€˜glovesā€™ she has, or whatever youā€™d call the wrappings on her fingers.
and youā€™re 100% right about not detailing hidden parts- I usually donā€™t even model them at all.

slikdigit: As for the fingernails, I was thinking about adding an alpha texture to them so they would look like they had chips and nicks out og them. I could model them I guess, but an alpha map would probably be a little easier.

The wraps will be coming on her hands too. After I get her all tweaked up on the body, that will be the next thing to add.

BgDM

I meant not just chips and nicks, but also sharper at the tip and thicker at the base, approaching a claw in structure.
but nicks and clips are cool too! Iā€™m using a cvs build, so if you look at my latest screenie, Iā€™ve got cracks in the ā€˜boneā€™ part using edge creasing. I may do the same for the teeth and horn, and perhaps nails if Iā€™m feeling suicidal.

Update.

http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/albums/bgdm/witch_008.jpg

Playing with a texture for the belly plate. I think I like this one. Not sure about the shape of it yet, but I like the nastiness of the texture. I need to redo the wrap around her waist. Looks like absolute crap.

I have modified the arms a bit. I think they look better now. Still need to tweak the hands some. That will be next, as all that is left is a lot of fabric and little details.

BgDM