Chest muscles / better shoulders rig

I recently learned that there’s an excellent shoulder/chest rig tutorial on a highly questionable website. I’m not one to yuck anyone’s yum, suffice it to say that I personally find NSFW 3d model repositories distasteful, and I’d rather not go back to this website. It’s also inconvenient if you want to use this tutorial but you’re in a situation where having gigantic anime boobs all over your screen may not be ideal.

To that end, I pulled the tutorial down and made it SFW. It’s still a bit poorly written, but I don’t really have the time to rewrite it myself.

Here it is (again, 100% safe for work, with no anime boobs to be seen):

pec-rig.pdf (688.2 KB)

I’d like to emphasize that this isn’t my content, this is just my safe-for-work edit of someone’s else tutorial.

2022-12-27 11_55_09-pec-rig.pdf
Image so this has a thumbnail

8 Likes

Very good idea, I always wondered how it would be better to deform the shoulder area. Usually I had only one bone, but as known with only one the less precision there is on controlling the deformation.

Lately I would rely mostly on Blend shapes, so it kinda works great from pose to pose, but is not exactly in synergy with the rest of the rig, is something different outside of it and it has it’s own issues on how to control it better.

1 Like

Do those StretchTo bones flip around Y axis in some poses? I found that Y rotation is often problem in such setups

1 Like

Still, thanks for sharing as I may need it soon

1 Like

They might, but I haven’t run into that issue yet :slight_smile:

Deformations are perfect. I looking for something like that for a very long time. Thank You for sharing.

1 Like

shall i mark it solved.
smile

1 Like