Cinematic Designer/Artist looking for animation movie projects

Hola folks :slight_smile:

I’m Fran, a Cinematic Designer and Film Editor working at PlayStation Studios :shamrock:

I’m focused on storytelling and I’m always looking for more artists to connect and collaborate. I’m looking for animation film projects in Blender.

If you have an interesting project and you’re looking for professional people send me a message! I work as a camera artist and designer on cinematics, also preparing scenes with blockouts/layouts too and set dressing, although I prefer to focus on camera work this time! :smiley:

If there is someone building a team but you are not sure about how to progress or looking to start I can help to build a pipeline and the process (as long as the project is serious and has a future.;p)

As a previous experience, I worked in feature films as video editor and colorist and photographer before starting in videogames. I’m looking forward to work/collaborating with more artists in Blender, just give me a shout :speech_balloon:

6 Likes

I don’t have anything right now, but I’ll probably hit you up in 5 or so years- I’ve set a bookmark for myself on this post that’ll remind me on January 1st, 2027 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

hahaha looking forward to hearing about you in the future, don’t stop learning in the meantime!

2 Likes

Hey i was referred to your post by another. I current have a project of converting my book series into an animated movie.

Hi there! That looks much bigger than what I tried to find. I want to focus on small storytelling films with an experienced team. Working from scratch on the project and story.

Ahh. Yeah neither of the films im working on are small.

Hey Fran, still interested in hobby projects?

Hello Fran, I’m working on an open source game and managed to get hours of dubs in several languages, I would love to have help from professionals like you to push the project forward and take it to a higher level. Creating cut-scenes for the dubs would be a dream but I’m a developer and I have not experience with animation pipelines so any advise would be very helpful.

Here is a link to the main thread of my project in this site: Sculptor / animator for fish fillets remake game project, feel free to contact me if you can provide any feedback.

Hi FranVergara See my artwork here:
https://www.artstation.com/Imadhamouda

Hi Fran nice to meet you. I’m Aleks and I was looking for someone with your experience in animation to animate a short final fantasy like movie (90-120 sec max.) with a differnet theme, for my new company.

If you are Not telling a story about hard surface modeling, sculpting and geometry nodes you have come to the wrong community. :laughing:

But seriously you likely won’t find much in the active online blender communities in the way of actual animated story projects certainly not with dialogue heavy expositional animation from speaking characters.

Sure there are the films from the Blender foundation( Blender studios) but all of them are just formulaic Disney/Pixar inspired ,Procedural cute fluff.

Honestly there are some amazing feature length stories to be found over the the source filmmaker community but that is another entire software eco system.