CJ#2 - December 2005 - JAN. 20 VIDEO TUTE CORRECTED AGAIN!!

Oh, does it seem synched in the original video file? If so, that’s just as good, though I don’t now how large it is. Also, if it is a normal avi, you can bring it into VirtualDub and select Save Wav from the file menu which should give a clean file.

Shawn

I have a simple question about the tutorial… (supurbly done BTW!! Thank you Mr. Bomb!)

How are you doing the extrudes in the beginning without getting the Extrude popup?
When I press E, it will ask me, everytime, if I want Only Vertices or Only Edges.

[edit]

[/edit]

2.40 has a new feature where to extrude, all you have to do is have a vert/face/or edge selected and you can Ctrl+LMB to extrude out your “whatever”.

-about the video, like I said, I can live with it the way it is. But, I don’t think I have the tools for the job. I used Magix to extract the [sp]audio[/sp] from the large video(It would not even recognise the divx one) and I got the audio sync’d or at least cut and shift close enough.

But now it won’t let me replace it or combine it back with the video. I CAN, however, make a 4-6mb mp3 of the audio(I think about that size) and if someone can scrape out the old audio track, can replace it with this one.

I cleaned some of the pops/clicks and line noise. But there are earie silent spots where I completely removed noise and shifted the track into place so don’t be scared.

I’ll make the mp3 this afternoon if anyone want’s it, just tell me how and where to send.

BTW, Mr_Bomb, and BgDM, you’re awesome.

[/edit]

2.40 has a new feature where to extrude, all you have to do is have a vert/face/or edge selected and you can Ctrl+LMB to extrude out your “whatever”.

-about the video, like I said, I can live with it the way it is. But, I don’t think I have the tools for the job. I used Magix to extract the [sp]audio[/sp] from the large video(It would not even recognise the divx one) and I got the audio sync’d or at least cut and shift close enough.

But now it won’t let me replace it or combine it back with the video. I CAN, however, make a 4-6mb mp3 of the audio(I think about that size) and if someone can scrape out the old audio track, can replace it with this one.

I cleaned some of the pops/clicks and line noise. But there are earie silent spots where I completely removed noise and shifted the track into place so don’t be scared.

I’ll make the mp3 this afternoon if anyone want’s it, just tell me how and where to send.

BTW, Mr_Bomb, and BgDM, you’re awesome.[/quote]
You can use VirtualDub to add the audio back into the video if you have the audio as a WAV file.

Oh, that is wonderful! Thank you.

cool, I will start crackin’ on it this evening. It would really make me feel good if I can do this right.

Duky, one trouble you may run into is if you’re using the link on this thread, it is really an OGM file. So what you’d want to do is get VirtualDubMod (instead of regular VirtualDub), rename the file to have a .OGM extension and load it in. Then select wav input for the audio and set the video to Direct Stream Copy. Then after saving as avi, it should be all muxed and good as a regular avi. If that doesn’t work out, just get me the wav and I can convert it.

I think you are our savior Duky! If your audio works out, that should make it much more usable.

As an aside, this video would be good video to get linked on that new subdivision surface site once it is fixed. One of the parts of the primer specifically mentions this style of point by point / edge extrude and doing it via image reference.

Shawn

If someone is able to get the sound fixed I’ll see what I can do about doing just that. I’ve already got a gallery being set up on there so I wouldn’t think it’d be too much trouble getting the video linked.
If no one is able to fix the sound I’ll just go ahead and record a new one :slight_smile:

New Subdivision Surface Site??

:o

[quote=“skarules”]

New Subdivision Surface Site??

:o[/quote]
https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58821

Hey, Shawn Fumo.

I think I should just hand you the wav. the experement I’ve tried worked pretty good witht he splitting and sliding of the audio. I was able to remove most the noise and cracks(to a tolerable volume st least…the cracks in the original were not that bad, it was the ends of the split tracks that needed fading).

I saved my presets as a template and trashed the project and I will start again today sense I have today off also. I think I can get it to a mp3 file about 4-5mbs…But the wav file, I’m afraid could be around 50-70mb.
I don’t think I could do a good enough job with VirtualDubMod because my experience with video software sufferes in comparison to my audio experience.

Sorry for the 20 paragraph diary here, just let me know how/where/when to send you the wav. I can have it done in noon time my time(Louisiana central). It is 8am at the time of this post. I have to do some running around here in a couple hours, but I will be back soon.

Hey, Shawn Fumo.
I PM’d you with information about the audio. I need help. the smalest I can get the wav is 505mb![ouch], and the mp3: 45mb[ouch again]. My program must think that the video is still attached(or maybe it still is in some weird way).

I am going to try an find VirtualDubMod(I know nothing about this application). I feel like I’m letting people down and it sucks.

I think we’re good! Many thanks to dukytyme for taking the time to cut the audio into pieces and line them up with events in the video.

Now, that did leave silent spots in the audio and in longer stretches you could also see things starting to get out of synch before the next cut. So I went in and time-stretched each of the clips so that it reached the next clip. This was a pain (audacity needs a couple more tools) but basically mindless… :wink:

So, the end result seems pretty good. It isn’t absolutely perfect, I’d say it is never off more than a second or so at any given time, so there shouldn’t be any problems following it.

I just finished uploading it, so I’ll give the link to BgDM so he can put it on the real site. It is now also a real avi with xvid and mp3 instead of an ogm, so it should be compatible with most people’s machines.

Shawn

Edit: Link sent to BgDM, so hopefully it’ll be up once they can download it and upload it to the main site.

Yep, DL’ing it now so I can add it to the CMS. Should be up tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks to both dukytyme and Shawn Fumo. I owe you guys beers. :stuck_out_tongue:

BgDM

I am sorry to Shawn and the community that I took soo long.

Sorry for the PM, Shawn, I woke up and forgot that I had givien you the link and freaked out.

OK, new video is now online and ready for use.

Audio is corrected. Thanks again guys.

Go here to get the new and final version.

BgDM

Awesome work. It’s much easyer to follow now. :smiley:

Thanks guys for all your work on correcting the sound. Hopefully next time we won’t have this problem :stuck_out_tongue:

For the next time, maybe try recording a 2min test run first and see if it is still happening. If it is, we can try seeing if different settings in the capture program fix it or if it started ok and something caused it to desynch from mac to pc…

I just grabbed a video from NewTek’s site. The one about box modeling a head by Lukasz Pazera. I’ve done this tutorial before and think it would be great to recreate it in Blender.

I’ve started working on it this morning(notes, Blender equivalent actions). If I capture this, I would use Bulent’s ScreenRecorder 3(Shareware version) because I like the split-screen and on-the-fly editing. It leaves the logo in the corners of output, and I don’t mind it “too” much.

I tried: DemoStudio (Too large of output, divx, xvid don’t seem to work).

When I finish it, I could PM a yousendit link to someone to see how useful it is. Or if a more experienced modeler would do the tutorial, that would be awesome also.

I’m doing this because I need all the head modeling practice I can get.