Clash On Little Pond

Hi guys!

Today, I finished refining the texture of the luminous mushrooms that will provide ambiance and light in the tavern.
I wanted to paint them in different colors to give it a more fantastical rather than realistic look.
What do you think?

I’ll start a new object in the meantime!

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Regarding the voice acting… there was a problem!
It was raining on Saturday and, because we are recording inside the car, the rain noise was too much to record :confused: So… we had to delay that one a bit.

Today I painted a bit more of the storyboard. We are now in the shot 93… of what now seems approximately 160 total.
… we’ve passed half way, now we’re already on the way back :grin:

Hi guys!

Today, I’ve been refining some details I had previously done some time ago. However, as we have somewhat changed our style, we decided to improve. In this case, it was the mushroom lamps, for which we had initially chosen to use only a texture. I believe that with the painted texture, it looks much better. What do you think?

Meanwhile, I’ve already been studying the next object that I’ll be developing!

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

I love these mushroom lamps, good job! The whole painted texture style decision was a great one and is paying off.

2 Likes

Hello @Meshmonkey!
Thanks! I’m happy the decision is working, on future short animations we’ll use this style progressively more.
Both COLP and RS will still use about a 65-70% textures modified to look painted to 30-35% fully hand painted approach.
For “The Gate Sheriff” (script also complete) the target is have it, at least, 50% fully hand painted. Finally for “Momento Renzo” (if AI doesn’t eradicates all 3DCGi by then) we would do it fully hand painted.

1 Like

Hi guys!

Today I started a new project.
I decided to try making a caramel pudding, and it’s not turning out too bad, I must say. There are still a few adjustments to be made before I start cleaning up the geometry and preparing the images for texture painting.

What do you think? Does it already look delicious? :yum: :custard:

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hi guys!

Today, I started painting the textures of our dessert. It wasn’t easy to decide how I would paint the caramel pudding, but I think it turned out well. When everything is finished, with the right lighting, the correct roughness, and the proper highlights, it will look much better.

I will continue tomorrow!
What do you think?

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

I dislike this desert… I really don’t like it at all! …But when I look to this one, it feels very tasty! :laughing: @Rute_Perdiz paints these to the level that for me normal textures don’t do the cut anymore :slight_smile:

I have good news regarding the voices for the characters.

• We have one character approved! We have one of the main characters speaking! : :speaking_head: :grinning: More on that tomorrow!

Oh my goodness, I really shouldn’t check for your progress when hungry. It’s looking delicious as usual!

2 Likes

Hi guys!

Today, I started detailing the ceramic piece. I had initially planned to create something simple, but after seeing some references, I think I got carried away.
I increased the level of difficulty to the maximum, but I believe it will turn out quite beautiful.
Currently, it only has the base colors, and there is still much to do, which I will continue painting on Monday.

I hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

:thinking: after seeing @Rute_Perdiz hand painting this plate… I’m considering a pottery business, in case AI eventually takes over our jobs :sweat_smile:

Anoucement:

I have the pleasure to announce that Camilia has now a voice! :partying_face:
Courtesy of my long time friend and colleague director/animator Diana David.

She kindly volunteered to be Camilla and she totally IS! :smiley:
Diana as applied for two characters, Layla and Camilia, altough, both me and Rute, immediately only saw Camilia speaking! :slightly_smiling_face:
Camilia is the story female protagonist and, within the girls, the one with more lines by far.

I’ve been following Diana’s character and animation works for over a decade, but somehow I missed that she had directed, written and animated a very cool short animation for her thesis called “Perspectives”. I’ll share it with you in case you fancy a look:

Thank you very much for you help Diana… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: sorry… Camilia! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you!
My work is also on the cover of 3D World #272

2 Likes

It’s my habit take 3 hours every Sunday to study and today I’ve included, the above mentioned article by @Diana_David featured on the 3D World magazine.
It’s of great value, very easy to read and describes the correct way to aproach lighting.
If you are unsure about where to start regarding lighting, this solves your problem :slight_smile:

On other news:

Yesterday we traveled a great distance to recorded one more voice for another key character! :partying_face::cowboy_hat_face: We had a great time! :smile: Filmaking really is about the people… and how much fun we see people having while immersed on a story.

…More on that soon! :wink:

1 Like

Hi guys!

Today, I finished painting the plate. I ended up getting excited and let myself go, creating a more detailed piece than I initially had in mind. But I enjoyed doing it!
Meanwhile, I started sketching how the dessert plate, where the slice will be placed, will look like. However, this one will not have as much detail.
I hope to have completed all my work on this dessert by tomorrow, so I can move on to another object.

I hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hi guys!

Today, I finally managed to finish my work with the last dessert I made, the caramel pudding.
The ceramic part gave me some trouble and took a while before I thought it would be finished. But I really enjoyed working on all the details.

I will, however, start another object soon; it will be simpler but also a challenge.
Stay tuned!!!

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

5 Likes

Hi guys!

Today I started modeling another accessory for the tavern in the story. It will be a beer cup, but with a theme. I decided not to make a simple cup, and with the help of Rogério Perdiz, we came up with this idea. It’s not fully modeled yet, but I hope to have this phase completed by tomorrow.

What do you think? :beer: :beer:
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Very cool. Almost art nouveau-ish

2 Likes

Hi guys!

Today, I completed the modeling of the glass that I started yesterday.
Currently, we are in the testing phase to determine the best way to make the beer look like beer and to make the liquid move when the glass is moved. I’m also working on getting the foam just right, so it might not be exactly how it will end up.

Regarding using geometry nodes and similar tools, I’m not very familiar with them yet, so we’ll need to continue testing and studying.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! :blush:

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

For the liquid, you could use the Wiggle 2 addon on a simple armature attached to a boolean cutter to fake the sloshing. Here’s a quick test with this setup I did a while ago:

2024-01-26 08-43-12.mkv (3.5 MB)
FLASK_wiggle2.blend (177.7 KB)

This Blend file probably needs the addon installed to work but after that it’s possible to bake the motion.

1 Like

That’s a great Idea @Meshmonkey !
Thanks for sharing! Easy and efective! :smiley: We have other bone dinamics add-on but does the same! So the concept/idea is very good!
I wasn’t imagining a solution as easy!

1 Like