Closing threads

BWRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!!

yikes! it’s contagious

yes and no. Some people might appreciate the discretion of a PM warning.

Martin

Come on Green, are you really serious?

Did you even read theeth’s closing post?

We can’t talk about evolution anymore? Man I wanted to do that more :stuck_out_tongue: .
JK

Pooba

Its very rare that I am ever really serious about anything on the web. this is no exeption.

still what I wrote is what I see as true.

I thought the thread was very entertaining to read. So therefore I didnt like to see it close. I think I see theeth’s point of view now. I dont completly agree with it becouse I think that people should be corrected. Not topics.

But I allso think that greater care will be taken next time this happens.

So… its not such big deal.

Why did Skywriter get banned ?

Did he cross the lines?

cheers
wp

I’ll try to discuss that with the other moderator.

Martin

/me lifts his hand in the air

I didn’t do it :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as I know, only Kib as the power to ban people. Maybe Sky could e-mail him, maybe it’s just an IP problem or something (or maybe Elysiun bans automaticly everyone using Netscape 4 :stuck_out_tongue: )

Martin

MILK IS BAD!!! :slight_smile:

p.s.

SkyWriter knows why he got banned, and I explained it quite clearly to him and several other people. If you really want to know ask me on irc and I’ll show you some logs / mails etc but I won’t post these in public.

What kind of doubletalk is that? When you show private messages
to people, that is making it public. Make it public then. Unless
you’re ashamed of your own actions.

You banned SkyWriter without any warning, who’s next?
probably me, heh?

What kind of doubletalk is that? When you show private messages
to people, that is making it public. Make it public then. Unless
you’re ashamed of your own actions.

You banned SkyWriter without any warning, who’s next?
probably me, heh?[/quote]

I wouldnt mind if you got banned

OK, now I’m really confused. Wasn’t he warned several times on previous threads to cease and desist? Not only by the moderators, but also by numerous other members of the community.

I think that Kib’s rules for posting here are not meant to judge others, but for everyone to judge their own postings.

There’s a clear difference in a posting that has the sole intention of insulting others, or a posting that expresses an opinion that might insult others. The latter is part of freedom of speech.
The best you can celebrate that freedom is by being as respectful to other people as possible, allowing others to exist on this planet as well, with their different cultural background, different religious beliefs or different opinions on science.

My wording for Kib’s rule number one was (on blender.nl):

Don’t intentionally harm or insult others personally.

This one is still difficult to manage, but at least it looks at the motivation of someone posting. If this expresses an opinion or honest emotion, or is a contribution to a discussion, then it’s OK. However repulsive you might think it is.

In general is very difficult to show respect to abstractions as ‘religion’ or ‘science’ or ‘racism’. However, it is very easy to show respect to a ‘christian’ or an ‘evolutionist’ and even to a ‘racist’, by just treating the person as a fellow human being.

-Ton-

amen to that Ton :slight_smile:

Martin

agreed, but if they do not act accordingly, a light slam with the cricket bat could be in order.

OH, what an insult. I got a heart attack, when I read this(my second!). I´ll never forgive him for that. My personal feelings are hurt. He did it on purpose, I’m sure. He wants me to have a premature death!

!!!BAN HIM!!!

er…ooops? :o

HH

haha perhaps I should start another why milk is bad for you, and why it probably has caused the deaths of millions of people world wide (or atleast helped to accelerate it). Give me some time to do some more research into this and actually gather up some scientific documentation to underbuild my statements concerning milk.
To give you a little teaser:

1. Death cause number one in 3rd world countries: dehydration due to diarea
  2. 90%+ of people in 3rd world countries are allergic to milk
  3. a sign of a milk allergy is diarea
  4. 1st world countries ship milk powder as a form of aid to 3rd world countries.
    Now I am not stating that milk is the death cause number 1 in 3rd world countries Not at all actually,… but I do think this is a slighly ironic (is this the right word?) set of facts. (p.s. some aid orginisations are now starting to realize this and have stopped providing milk)

Anyways about the SkyWriter case, it’s something more personal between me and him. And basicly I’ve been fed up with his behaviour especially towards me for some time now. A few days ago a event happened which was the last straw for me, and this brought me to banning him. I explained this to him, but he doesn’t agree with me.
But don’t worry,… I don’t have any of these things with other Blender users, besides perhaps Green :). And it’s surtainly not that I randomly ban people, infact I try to avoid this as much as I can. (sofar only 2
people have been banned). Now the reason why I don’t want to post the logs / e-mails in a public chat is simply because more people than just me were involved and I have to respect their privacy aswell. Now I am willing to explain this to wp for the simpe reason that he is more closely related to this than most other people.

Now asfar as the hefty discussion post goes. My strategy is usually to let it go for a few pages. Because basicly the people joining in on that discussion are probably the only people actually interested in a discussion like that on a forum (I myself like these things in a chatbox much more :)). But somtimes these discussions can go a bit overboard and should be fought out in private instead of on a public forum. The same way you don’t get too deep into philosofical discussions on for instance something like a birthday party.

Pff,… this was quite a type for me escpecially since I just came back from a long hard day of work and a nice dinner with the family. So please don’t be offended by the spelling mistakes which I know I must have made quite a few of.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Greetings,
Timothy

You are not only insulting me…

you insult THE COMPLETE MILK INDUSTRY!!

This is what you wanted, this is what you now get

milkmen of all nations!

unite!

have your sour milk grenades at hand!

kib has started

MILK WARS

You are now entering the ‘Spin Zone’

:o :-? :x :frowning:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Kib: If you are banning SkyWriter for
the reasons that I think you are, then
I personally think you are being unduly
harsh.

Regards,
Chris

Hos: you might want to read this, it’s very funny and instructive: https://blenderartists.org/search.php?search_author=SkyWriter

not that it gives any reason to bane him, but rather a general trend in some of his posts.

Martin
PS: btw, I don’t think the reason that you’re thinking of is the sole reason. Then again, I don’t know what you’re thinking about, so you might want to talk to Kib directly :wink: