Coca Cola Bottle Series

Another in the Coca Cola Bottle Series - As I come up with more ideas I’ll keep posting, but the main idea here is to challenge myself to use the same simple asset in many different situations.

This one came around from me playing with Rigid Body Simulations with the bottle cap - lesson learnt, use lower poly assets before you start as in the end all these bottle caps in the sim added up to around 8 Million polys!!!

Render -

Wireframe -

36 Likes

Why does it always look so tasty?
I don’t drink Cola, but now I want it! :sweat_smile:
As always it’s a beautiful render.
Maybe I would have made the liquid itself less transparent. I’m not sure, though, because I’ve never checked it on references.

1 Like

Beautiful work mate:+1:

1 Like

Wow. I want coke.

1 Like

Holy cow, this looks good enough to be an official Coca Cola ad material!

Also, now I’m thirsty. Darn you.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. :slight_smile:

I’m not a Coca Cola person either, so not really sure why I did this as I’m more of a Pepsi person! :rofl:

2 Likes

Awesome! Indeed when you start scattering high poly things around it ads up fast doesn’t it. I like the lighting.

PS you were just about to be hired by Coke until the read that Pepsi thing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love it. Your propaganda is working; now I want it. Great colors and attention to detail. The comp is alluring.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, always appreciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL, Cheers!

Thanks @Charles_Starr that is very kind of you to say. :heart:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

@engart Yeah, things add up quickly esp when you’re not watching whats going on or planning ahead. For me here I was paying around with the bottle cap and Rigid Body Sims, next thing I know I’m 8million polys in playing with lighting and don’t really want to start the scene again! :rofl:

1 Like

Hey ! This is really cool.

I was wondering, what was the workflow you used to create the “coca cola” writings on the bottle itself ?

Also was it rendered using cycles ?

Amazing work !

1 Like

Hey @Chalala I try not to do anything too complicated as I’m not that intelligent, so I always keep it simple. :rofl:

The Coca Cola text was that largest I could find off the internet, I than scaled that in Photoshop to a good size. Scaling this way sometimes makes the text soft so I clamp the colour to help sharpen up the image, it doesn’t have to be too sharp as the next stage is to convert it to 16bit and then give it a small blur. The size of the blur will depend on how much of a bump you’d like on your object as we then use this to create a UV’d Displacement Map on the glass bottle.

You can also model this kind of thing into the object, but I find that unless you’re going to be really close a really good displacement map works just as well and its much quicker to do.

Hope this helps? If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

@bartv Thank you as always! :heart:

@bhibb Thank you very much for your comments! Pleased you like the composition its sometimes one of the hardest things to get right…along with lighting! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, simple yet super effective and powerful. It works like a charm. I always ask myself how to approach these kind of engravings. I often go for displacement or normals too, but never had that kind of results :smile:

Lighting work are also really impressive, I really love it.

1 Like

Nice! Really like the idea behind using a simple asset in different situations. I think its great to play around and challenge like that likewise.

yeah, I like to keep things simple! :rofl:

I think the key here is simple but high resolution and ‘bit’ depth.

Thanks I always spend way too much time on lighting…

1 Like

I really like your work, keep it up ! :smiley:

1 Like

Would you mind sharing your exports settings ? (resolution, samples, denoising ?) The global image quality is really good !

1 Like