Cognitive's Next Project: 'The Zenith Project'

exactly, mwahahaha!:stuck_out_tongue:

Im not interested in realism what so ever…pure realism is boring, trust me, a tilted ring on a planet is light years away from some of ther other oddities I have planned.

The game is going to have a definite surreal tone to it, or atleast my missions will…it wont be saturated with surrealism ofcourse, thats obvious, but dont be suprised if your playing a mission and a squad of toasters attacks you, or a giant amoeba-monster threatens your space station, or you notice a planet smile and wink at you.

not all of my missions will be surreal, but I definintly want to create a universe different than any other game i’ve ever played…so yes, you can expect weirdness WAY odder than a tilted ring.:wink:

i have a question about the gameplay, is it all controlling ships? or do you ever land and explore planets as a character?

We’ve discussed some character exploring/combat, if we did have character control in some missions it wouldnt be extremely hard since we could use alot of the code work from Transcendent for it. However, the game is a mission-based space combat game, and for now, we’re going to focus on the core mechanics of that.

We might have some character-based missions, but that would only be worked on as something extra, after the core gameplay is finished.

landing on a planet from space, and then exploring it as a character is a cool concept though…but that might be a little over the top for the GE to handle, exploring a space station might be a possibility though…we’ll see…

lol okay sounds good

Woah this project is looking really great, very well done from the looks of the screens.

You guys are welcome to use this model http://www.fileden.com/files/17915/Ship.blend I’m horrible at creating my own textures so I left it untextured. It can be used a enemy or player ship, which ever you guys decide. I can’t really think of a good name for it, so you can call it whatever you want, or something odd, like WV455, or something.

Here is also a sound you can use, maybe as a type of gunshot. http://www.fileden.com/files/17915/bang.wav

I hope this helps :smiley:

Lmao, my first thought when i started reading this thread is that you would need to include the R/V from Spaceballs. Here is a link to a small image! This would appear out of nowhere, and a good number of people would just get it! Cheers,

thanks! great model…kinda remanecent of a star wars ship.:stuck_out_tongue: should be perfect as an enemie ship though! thanks for the model!:smiley:

haha, i’ll keep that in mind.:stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s my contribution: http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=6324422 (.blend, untextured ship model)

It’s a ship called the Needle. Its main asset is its incredible speed and its trademark ability is piercing holes in targets. However, it has next to no maneuverability. The main engine’s at the back. The turrets in the + positions are the turning and reverse engines, while the x-positioned turrets are the weapons. I would have textured it, but I had no ideas.

Hey team cognitive, i know this is a drastic request, but may i please join your team. I am still an ameture and i cant do scripting but i will stick with this team to the end, PM me if you do consider this offer. I just want to be part of something, and it is an honor to just request this, for it will be the first project ill work on with a team. Thanks a lot :slight_smile: i may just even leave a model on this forum, we will have to see …

…I didnt feel like double posting so here is a file i made, it is an alien ship, the shorter part is the front… enjoy! link: http://www.savefile.com/files/3548328

i’ll be glad to help

After you have played tonic trouble (yes you MUST go and google it right away), you don’t scare from a bunch of tosters that game is realy sick. you loose a can with magic potion and it turns everything in the world you’re flying above into weird vegetariand monsters and corn pins and such, your mission, get he can back.

It might be some good inspiration.

I have applied to help as animator, with no reply so far. But please ask them when you’ve got something to contribute.

sincerly
Jacco;

cool concept!:slight_smile:

nice model! haha, its not a drastic request.:stuck_out_tongue: we let most people join, as long as they have atleast a basic knowledge of low poly modelling and game engine texturing. With that said, I should probably mension that we only let people join if they have that knowledge…you have to atleast know how to model and texture in the game engine to join the team. Its a plus if you can make your own textures too. So if you have any examples of textured game engine models makairu, PM me. Ofcourse you can be at any skill level to just contribute models, however to be on the team, you have to know how to texture.:wink:

great! If you want to just contribute models, than you can post them on this thread. If you want to actually join the team and be more involved with the games development, PM me with examples of your previous work.

the game sounds cool…hmm, killer plants eh? now that gives me ideas.:stuck_out_tongue: I PM you Jacco…usually it takes around 1-3 days for me to get back to people when they PM me…

Well, what kinda models u want? all ships, or characters too? I’m thinking of modelling a space fish that looks exactly like an asteroid untill it opens it’s eyes open and fins unfurl, maybe a boss?

Well, what kinda models u want? all ships, or characters too? I’m thinking of modelling a space fish that looks exactly like an asteroid untill it opens it’s eyes open and fins unfurl, maybe a boss?

spectacular idea!:smiley: a space fish would be awesome…

we’re not looking for characters. Right now, we’re mainly looking for ships, space stations, and various space environment models(asteroids, satalites, planets, etc.)

i have been sending models to tomorrowman, but with no story behind them. Now is the time to make that story. The alien race is only a large society of microscopic parasites. those parasites can completely control the object they cover. When covered, that object appears black and electric-like. The humans stumble upon them while exploring a single planet. There you go :slight_smile: i hope you guys make a few levels dedicated to this race. i know it is brief but i dont want to interfere with your guys storyline. also, ihavent figured out a name for the race but it can come later

unfortunately, i have only my laptop until the thirteenth , and i have given up on trying to blend with it. I will send you the fish soon.

this is what you game ade me think of most:

tonic trouble

Jacco;

hmm…maybe…sounds like an interesting alien race.

Dont expect the storyline for Zenith to be very deep though…we dont want to loose focus of the gameplay and visual universe, so for now, we probably wont even discuss the storyline much even umong ourselves. We’ll probably start thinking more about the plot later on in development.

Though I definintly want the universe to feel authentic, so i’ll probably interweve ideas of alient culture, space exploration, etc. into the visuals…

Thanks for the models everyone!:slight_smile:

I’m finishing up the space scene you saw in the latest screens tonight…whenever we finish the basic movement system and GUI we might throw you all a little demo so you can fly around the scene and really check it out.

Jacco, I have played tonic trouble, it’s so weird… but addictive fin and pretty simple lol

UPDATED
I’m getting close to the finish line with the spacefish, Mo.
here’s the .blend
http://www.4shared.com/file/3051649/7361ccbd/space_fish5packed.html
I suck at making my own textures, but I tried anyway. The eye definitely need to be redone. I set up a little techdemo in play mode. I’ve done the first animation, the transformation from meteor to Mo.
whadda ya think?