Cognitive's Next Project: 'The Zenith Project'

i think you forgot to pack the textures…

oh i’ll up date the file. Sorry

lol if you want the textures to be redone, i’ll do em, i’ve been texuring the ship models that people have been posting

awesome concept B13nd3r 633k! yea, the textures could be better, but someone will revamp them…love the concept though, and its a good model. Thanks!

Well its been over a month since we last updated, and im afraid to say, the Zenith project has been essentially dropped. I feel a bit guilty about this since several community members contributed work for the project, but we plan on releasing all of the content that was created to the community within a few days, so atleast you all can see everything which was made and people can learn from it.

Now, im sure some of you are wondering why we have quite working on it. Essentially, me and ST150 lost motivation to work on this project, and since we are the main developers, the project itself has lost motivation as well.

A new concept…this is the main reason I lost motivation myself. I started an experimental side project during Zenith, and its now evolving into something MUCH more innovative and compelling than Zenith(or any idea i’ve ever come up with for that matter), so naturally I have completely gravitated towards this new project. This new concept is somewhat of a secret right now, all I can say about it is…

• It will soon become a long-term team project.
  • Visually, its the polar opposite of Zenith.
  • I’ll have some more info/visuals of it sometime in October.
  • It’s codename is, “Organica”

Like I said, we’ll release all of the content from Zenith within a few days, so atleast this should be a great resource for the community.

Hmm,

This is one of the reasons why I think it’s better not to present anything to the community until the game is fundamentally done.

Well, anyway I’m sorry to hear about it. Hope you guys do well with your next project.

good work , good luck

3DGURU

i like the concept of te main menu

I know what that feels like, even if a project is going well for me sometimes I just cant carry on with it. Good luck with your new project though.

It’s sad to hear, but I think that we as a community can trust your judgement on this one. I look forward to hearing more about “Organica”.

heh, yea, I guess we are a little gung-ho when it comes to sharing with the community.:stuck_out_tongue: speaking of which, check this out:

http://www.cognitiveonline.com/spaceproj/

Consider everything in that folder creative commons. Everyone is free to use it, modify it, and share it, just make sure to leave “cognitiveonline.com” and/or the specific designers name in your game credits if you use it for a game.

Things of interest in that folder:

• menuplanet_2p.zip: This includes a very detailed, fully animated planet which was going to be used as a backdrop for the main menu.
  • mainscene_v2.zip: This is an entire space scene, which includes a space station, a 3D planet, some asteroids, a couple 2D planets, and some background effects, along with a moving camera.
  • spaceship_reddog3_lowtex.zip: This is the A-13(red dog) space craft I modelled/textured for the game.
  • zenithpack1packed.zip: some work RagingChaos66 did for us.
  • Newmeshes.zip: alot of work that ktbluear did.
  • fighterDradio2.blend: another ship model I textured…friedbrain modelled.

and theres also the menu system andy developed, which you can find earlier in this thread.

Hope you all find some uses out of this stuff, enjoy!:slight_smile: