Commodore 64 nostalgia

Well spotted. Just had a look at the Blend file and you are indeed correct. I had tried both with and without the light on, but work most of the time in Material Preview mode (which is effectively EEVEE). Looking at the light settings in Cycles I actually had the Size way too big, so it is effectively outside the shade and also has a very soft edge

1 Like

Ah ha!

:smiley_cat:

I spent a good ten minutes pouring over those two images and it was fun spotting some of the subtle differences :smiley:

1 Like

OMG !!!

Even the joys are perfect !
One of them is from an Atari console^^
I never had a C64 but dreamt of it.
Now time for reviving a ZX81, a Spectrum, and a CPC464 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This was kinda gold-age

Thanks for this revival @JohnMalcolm1970 !!!

Happy blending !

1 Like

The Cult poster is a nice touch :heart:

What a great album that is.

And is that an issue of Zzap64 on the right of the frame? :smiley:

1 Like

Well spotted

1 Like

So true - I think it would be a painful experience to try today.

I have to say the time of the Amiga 500 was the best time for creative games.
Todays PC / console games seems to focus on easy to sell titles only

understandable but also sad

1 Like

Oooohhhh… I dunno… I bought DOOM Eternal when it came out, just before “Lockdown” and that was me for the next six to eight weeks :grin:

But that’s a whole other topic… :blush:

Oh man Doom Eternal - my wife was confused why I was laughing when blasting everything. It is a kinda fun game with a good heavy metal music background.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you kindly @bartv

1 Like

Being such a fanboy for the new Elite games, the render makes me wish I could have been there for the original. Beautifully done, thank you for all the hard work you put into it!

1 Like

The behind the scenes write up was very informative. Thank you for spending time to share that. Have you seen the new Elite Dangerous. Pays homage to the original in many ways… Controls will take a little time to learn… a good game for the space-faring adventurer.

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah, I played the new Elite game a fair bit. It is a great game but becomes a whole new greater game when played in VR. Sadly it looks like Frontier are moving away from VR support with their upcoming expansion.

1 Like