Concept car "K1"

Sexy car and your own design to boot. I love it, My two cents would be to watch the pinching(corners for cut out for the engine bay). I am not 100% sure on this one but to me your front and rear tyres look like the have the same width. In a mid-engine super car the rear ones are usually wider. check on a few super cars to get a ball park idea of what the usually are. The front and rear wheel tracks are usually different.

I find that if you tweak the front and rear tyre sizes and the respective wheel tracks it can give your car that more aggressive super-car silhouette.

Oh thank you! Yeah I take care about the pinching as well the others little issues.
The tires are actually different width in back and front. The back tires are approximated 380mm with 21inch rims. On the front 320mm with 20inch rims. Yeah, a bit overkill, but it will settle down…or not. It’s concept car. :smiley:

Thanks for advises!

Edit:
Bigger front lights as I thought the earlier were way too small to serve any purpose.
Car design is tricky business indeed…And it doesn’t help as I’m reading articles about it.
Now I feel I’m doing almost everything wrong! :smiley:

Attachments

Some ideas. And side view!
And made the front wheels smaller.
Advises?

It’s definitely got a nice shape to it. No arguement there.

For the doors, I think you’ll have to go with some sort of scissor/butterfly opening mechanism. Has to do with the body panel thickness there and the strongly sculpted shape, and not clearing with a traditional hinge. Roofline going inwards that strongly on approach to the B-pillar also seems to rule out the gullwing. (I don’t see how it could be made tidy and work with a low roofline.) I know some people throw scissor doors on whatever because they think it’s cool for whatever reason, but the cars that come from the factory with them usually need it as they likely have the same problems/issues your design does.

And will there be an interior? (Very few nice looking 3D concept cars actually go into that detail.)

Thank you for the very good advises! I’ll go with the butterfly-style door mechanism. As you pointed out it’s definitely too heavily sculpted to just use traditional hinge door. Just have to think the opening mechanism first and reinforce the a-pillar to make it work. I don’t like to design just some concept car that wouldn’t work in real life.

Edit. Just sculpting the side vents. And making some doors for it.

Some tweaks and panel lines.Maybe I’ll make the side vents bigger…And front diffuser is going to be plastic/carbon fiber. Next more panel lines and some vents on the back.

Hi Icon

Looking sooooooooo good, love #23, if Pininfarina sees this you will be able to retire.

Shaun

Haha! Thanks!

Better air intake:

Tweaks and some interior. Seats are from my Alfa 8c.
Also did some color grading in Photoshop for test purposes.

Some work with the back. We’ll see what’s next!

Cool stuff! The second to last red render is looking pretty cool! Something about the shape is throwing me off at the moment. I will let you know if I figure out what it is. Keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback! I’m really not sure either what’s throwing off because I sense it too. It’s have to be with the difference of proportions between parts and panels. I actually made the side windows a bit bigger because those did something strange with the proportions. And did many other things too… :smiley:
It’s constant flow of the form.

Did some work with the front. Kinda like those fron’r side vents…Not so sure about the middle one. Needs some thinking.

Attachments

Some tweaking and color grading.
Sorry for flooding. Just got my Blender/PS-flow going.
With and without:

Attachments

Nice work! I really like the blue tones you have in the last image (with post), but I think that the orange isn’t really fitting it properly, even though they are nicely on the other side of the color wheel. I would try silver on the car body, and try to keep the background the same, and then also add a bit a of vignette.

Thank you! Yeah, Still trying different colors, but I guess I stay white/silver for now.

the 3/4 view on #32, WOW, and my two cents, silver is the colour.

shaun

Thanks!

Interior taking basic shape.

Attachments

To throw off that shape feeling try making the windows bigger where they curve and pull down the high ends over the tires located on the hood. (Sorry don’t remember what it’s called.)

Thank you for the feedback!

Did something for the rear end. It should now look more interesting.

Adjust some of the aspects of the car.
Better and sleeker. Shorter nose too!

Attachments