Concept car "K1"

Well that’s cool.

Attachments

not bad dude :slight_smile: own designs are always a challenge :slight_smile:

The overall shape is amazing, reminds me a bit of the Rimac Concept One. I really like the organic like surfaces, they make the car so futuristic, really impressing! I personally would make the rear a bit longer, and more curved, it now looks a bit to flat in my opinion.

Other than that I’m excited how this one turns out!

Thank you! Own design is indeed a challenge.

Oh thank you. Yeah I’m familiar with the Rimac concept. Tried more flowing curves as that but there’s definitely modern lines too.
Some tweaks.

Attachments

New front!

Attachments

the front looks like a different car, and from the back looks like a different car.

I am no master in car design, this is a great original design, but just giving my two cents from what i know about aesthetics.

anyway, i’ll would draw a paintover but i’d rather not, this is your own creation and you should do whatever the hell looks and feels right to you, probably just ignore the first sentence completely and pretend you never read and go ahead doing your own thing, you are the creator/master here.

Rant Mode, sorry.
The topic in car design interesting for me is the compromise between optic (lights, windows, mirros) vs aerodynmaics. Lights are mostly missing (front and side). Mirrors are missing. If this is some kind of SiFi with cameras all around, I overread it. If it is SciFi I would really like to read some techno bubble. Aerodynamics: Temporary high end cars (Selen, Ferrari, Königsegg) have this depression behind the cab for downforce. For max downforce, it would have to be without steps or grills. The rear diffusor would need a fan to work this way. I like the exhaust, though it is nothing special like the screamer pipe in F40 or the 4 exhaust on Pagani Zonda. So I guess your car has 8 cylinders or less? Eco! I like Eco and I like:

Ford GT and BMW i8 are real cars looking more futuristic, but somewhat fractured.

Have you seen the beautful side mirrors on the ralley Aygo?

Love the design, where can I buy one? For 10€ :stuck_out_tongue:

Rant mode why???

Because he has not yet finished the design, and is posting in the work in progress section, dosent that give it away? or do we have to post finished works here now?

Aerodynamics: Temporary high end cars (Selen, Ferrari, Königsegg) have this depression behind the cab for downforce. For max downforce, it would have to be without steps or grills. The rear diffusor would need a fan to work this way.

This makes no sense at all, what depression? The steps or grills on his car would make little difference to Aero performance and the diffuser would be fine, the role of the diffusser is to create a low presure area that pushes the car to the ground, therefore no need for a fan.

Without a wind tunnel or CFD analysis you would be hard pressed to make any judgements on the efficiency of the design just by looking at it.

How can you tell what engine would be in it from the exhaust pipe?

Its an original design and its his work that looks nothing like any corporate brand that you mention, he has presented an artisic design that is not main stream super car, with a few design elements that are unique to his own style and created something that is original and his own.

Thanks for feedback! I really appreciate it.
Yeah the front end is a bit off but I’m working on it.

Thanks for feedback. I’m not really concerned about aerodynamics or downforce as I have nothing to measure them right now. It’s purely about form and design. All technical things are just under there and I really don’t give too much time for those. Of course I think about aerodynamics, usability and down force whatnot but it’s still just a design.

Thank you! Haha. We’ll see.

Don’t worry. Appreciate your concern, but it’s just person’s idea or perspective of things.

Great design and reminds me Koenigsegg or BMW i8.

New render. New shader, Filmic color management and new lighting.
That front end really need something as the rear looks good already.
edit render* And side silhouette looks good too.

Attachments

I personally think that the back of your car needs some work. I would recommend to have a sort of mesh similar to the mclaren 12c.
Lights would be difficult though.

Nice design. I like how the main front glass escapes forwards from the chassis silhouette, maybe (I don’t know) is not aero friendly, but who cares, it’s original and gorgeous.
The important question is… what will be its final price? ; )

New stuff. Defining and bending forms.

Might as well throw in my totally-not-an-expert opinion.

It looks great, but TBH I think the older front end was better looking than the new front end. From the front wheels back it’s damned near perfect for aesthetics, IMO.

One thing that did occur to me is that mid-engine supercars usually look less balanced than this, because the large engine (V10 or V12 or whatever) means the passenger compartment has to be shunted forward compared to the overall length of the car. The Pagani Zonda is a good example of this.

For this concept I’d stick with the brilliant looks and maybe think up a good story to explain the proportions (ie: transverse donk, nuclear reactor, methedrine-fuelled gophers on treadmills, whatever).