Constellating sketches

Today’s aims for efforts: to put in 60 minutes of structured work, then another 30 if I have the spoons.

Reaffirming the broader goal: to bring out the momentous narratives that spark my mind into the world through bi-weekly short animations that contain no dialogue, as well as continuous comics with more complicated narration structures

How will I carry this out;

• Finish the animation from above in 30 minutes. All that’s left is 1 additional scene, clean-up, then SFX and Post.
  • Post that: decide, how do I want to share my content with the world? For now, utilize Instagram + Twitter
  • Spend remaining 10-20 mins. devising a new story

If I have the spoons,

• Create the 2nd animation. Goal is to post every Thursday and Sunday.
  • The more I can “beat the clock” and create ahead of time the better.

:sparkles: Doing the work…

Reflection time!

Overview: Spent 60, not 30 mins on finalizing my 1st animation. And that was ONLY finishing up editing. Still need SFX and Post. Damn, takes a long time. Good to know when coming up w/ future projects- I am leaning more and more towards color-free animation and/or 3D animation. Something like “No Love Lost”:

Afterwards, finished up the animation (another 30-40mins). Felt good: I only need SFX now!

Then, took an hour to make a fun sketch. Certainly could have done by hand, but something about making a 3D work is just more appealing, style-wise.

What is healthy: My persistence. I kept going no matter my attitude.
What needs nurturing: Focus during the “mundane” parts of animating. I struggle with coloring, in-betweens, and other things that, to be honest, feel unnecessary. Lost good 20-30mins due to that
What needs urgent care: Desire to create FAST. I am all about making things, but at no particular pace. I need to sense my own mortality a bit better, eh?

1 Like