Converting MeshSequenceCache into frames

I imported a cloth simulation made on Marvelous Designer into blender as an alembic file. It’s working fine. Now I want to change the imported animation to be on 2s, but since the MeshSequenceCache doesn’t provide keyframes I’m not able to do so.
Is there any solution to this, or any known addons?
All I need is a way to convert the information into frames so I can adjust the interpolation manually

I recently made something similar for Blender cloth simulation that acts on PhysicsPointCaches:

I’m not sure, but that code might work for an alembic cache with some tweaks? If not, it’ll work for sure for Blender cloth sim if you wanted to try that

1 Like

Welcome :tada:

I remember something about the caceh mesh sequenece cache modifier and… yepp :

1 Like

Thanks so much for the help, everyone! Turns out someone already had the solution to this. I found this script made by Gradyjnelson here:

Awesome solution and exactly what I needed. I’ll try to turn the script into an addon to make things smoother. Again thanks for the help guys!

1 Like

Hi man. I am currently trying to do the exact thing you’ve accomplished. I have never used a script before, so not sure how to do this. Did you manage to turn the script into an addon? Or could you give a step by step guide on how you managed to bake the animation onto shapekeys with the script?