corinthian order

wow! I didn’t see this before. Your art is breathtaking as always! I love how close to real sculptures your work looks. 5 stars for you sir.

Unfortunately mediafire is down and I lost all my pics here. How nice!!!

Thanks sick

that’s very cool. In the tumbnail i thought it was a small angel or something…Ah yes seen from the back it is more clear!

That its not an angel, LOL, thanks benny_flex. She’s just a silly cute girl.

I just learned something new.
I have to delete all older builds of blender (v2.49, bye, you served me well)
Newer builds can handle external normal maps perfectly, we just have to use the ‘maya’ compatible format.
The main reason for this confusion is that newer blender versions aren’t compatible with older blender projects!!!
So, watch out. I have to reassign-import all older projects from external apps (zb-3dc)
As for older blender projects… devs should have a look on this. :mad:

Awesome work! Colour me inspired :wink:

Can you explain your external light rig a bit more please? I’m coming back to Blender after an absense of a few months so am having to relearn a lot of stuff.

Thank bliz,
for the temple-venus scene I’m using a warm sun and two lights opposite to simulate GI. Environment lighting using sky (0.7) and a little AO. The simplest way I think.
for the last venus sculpt render I’m using four lights, AO, environment sky and some indirect lighting (approximate), SSS and compositor (nodes).
for the fish statue render I did multiple render exports and composed in Ps.
Nothing fancy, its modeling and painting mostly.

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply. I’ll have a go this weekend (sleep and work till then :frowning: )

| Back to logs list Reprinted from 903727038 at 22:08 on October 14, 2010 Reading (loading. …) Comments ( 0) Category: Games Animation Label Collection picture face chat qq | Back to logs list

Hello Michalis, are you Greek?
Lovely stuff! Keep it up!
Anyplace where I can see more
of your stuff?
Μπράβο!
EDIT: 5 Stars *****

Thank you gr8
have a look at your pm
Just zbrushcentral
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=83616&page=10&pp=15
You wont find my work in blenderartists gallery, though I had two banners already.
I suspended it (with my unsurpassed way). lol

is there anything you cant sculpt sir? amazing work. :slight_smile:

hey aasm271jr, thanks. A lot I can’t sculpt. Especially when imagination is needed. LOL
Anyway, here my first hdr blender lighting. Indirect only, rendered in one min. One sub - displ map + normal maps + a little SSS

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24090090/aphroditehdr2.jpg

Great great render michalis.
It really gives you desire of start to sculpt some rock in blender looking to this image.

thanks bao2, still these dark areas on venus… eh
the same background image is used for lighting of course. (but here is a alpha compositing) + one single warm light. Reminds me the athens museum lighting a lot. (not the best lol)

BTW combining a only SSS pass in Ps as screen layer, gives me a result I can’t achieve with compositor. Not exactly.

Those renders are really awesome, high quality work. 5 stars!

whoa… that is blender render? very impressive.

C’mon stop blowing smoke, this is definitely not worthy of such praise. This piece is nothing, definitely not worth the gallery. Look, if this was a piece worth mentioning, it would be in the gallery. But look at it, obviously it’s not good enough. Not even close.:no:

sarcasm | reverse psychology

@3dementia
I agree with you, its a piece of …
I also feel like this, thanks for helping me.

At least you have 5*. learn to enjoy small thing, heh

:slight_smile:
But I really didn’t have much fun sculpting and modeling these.
A more spontaneous sculpting-workflow is what I have in mind.
thanks Jose