Could Someone Give me Advice on Achieving Realistic Lighting in Blender Scenes?

Hello there,

I am relatively new to Blender and have been experimenting with creating realistic scenes, particularly focusing on achieving lifelike lighting effects. However, I have encountered some challenges and would greatly appreciate any advice or tips from seasoned Blender artists.

Despite adjusting the lighting setups, my scenes often look artificial and lack the natural feel I’m aiming for. How can I improve the realism of my lighting?

Finding the right balance between different light sources (e.g., sunlight, artificial lights) seems to be tricky. Are there any guidelines or best practices for achieving a harmonious lighting setup?

I find that either my shadows are too harsh and unrealistic, or they lack sufficient detail. How can I achieve a balance between maintaining shadow depth and avoiding overly dark areas?

Incorporating atmospheric effects like haze or volumetrics into my scenes seems daunting. Are there any beginner-friendly techniques or tutorials you could recommend?

Also, I have gone through this post: https://blenderartists.org/t/help-with-uipath-lighting-lack-of-quality/1409385 which definitely helped me out a lot.

Lastly, are there any specific rendering settings or tweaks that significantly impact the overall lighting quality in Blender?

Thankyou in advance for your help and assistance.

1 Like