Crashing and file corruption

Hello
I wonder if anyone might have any insights on this. I have submitted a bug form on these crashes and file corruption but as I have no idea when there will be any feedback there I wanted to see if there might be any workarounds. Since upgrading to Mac Os Big Sur on my late 2014 5k iMac with 32Gb RAM Blender seems to have become pretty unstable. I first noticed when Make Human and Graswald would not spawn assets and was told by developers this is most likely an issue Blender developers needed to address. But now while working in 2.92, 2.93 and now 3.0, I’m suddenly getting a lot more crashes when doing simple stuff like saving or closing a render window. Files are also getting corrupted so they won’t re-open after a crash and this latest one is pretty bizarre, in that all I did was hit save, but after it had saved, the gemoetry went nuts like this! Is anyone having similar issues on older macs? I’m hoping to find workarounds. :slightly_smiling_face: The backup .blender1 files have so far not been corrupted but lose the last session.

There’s more people with (similar) issues including myself, here’s a link to the thread!

Thank you, much appreciated. Whilst not wishing this bad on anyone I’m strangely comforted at not being alone on this. :smiley: