Creature-Urle-some kind of bird I think

That’s what I was thinking. Beautiful design. Really well done!

Outstanding! I love surrealism in general, and this is a first class example.

Hey, congratulations on making banner and gallery on your first post!

This is indeed a work of art. Fantastic model, lighting, and simple yet effective textures. I’m imagining you would put this creature up on a fantasy animation of some sort. :slight_smile:

Now that you dont see every day! The first look make me <i><b>Feel </b></i>that Im in a coffee-shop!
every time I come back to the forum and I look at the art work I smell coffee!
AND now I give you 4 stars
for your work :evilgrin:

I like it a lot! Great job! :slight_smile: I think it looks more insect-like than bird-like though.

Have you ever seen mirror mask? This would be right at home in that movie. Wonderful job.

Sammaron - it’s prounounced like “zelptic”. I mean X is similar to Xena (the warrior princess :stuck_out_tongue: )

Fahassani - why coffee? :spin:

CaptainOblivion - I must see “mirrormask”! Few people on Deviantart also said that my image resemble them this film. Strange, I really didn’t see that film before (but I saw Dave McKean works :] )

Again, thanks for your comments, and critic :slight_smile:

The shape of the creature reminds me of Metroid Prime 2. Very nice piece.

It reminds me of Tim Burton as well. Congratulations on making the banner. This now now my new desktop (have been looking for a picture.)

Very cool atmosphere and feeling in this piece, I like the organic nature of it.

@ xelptic. why you ask
this is why
http://www.aubonpain.com/img/menu/header_bakery.jpg
your shapes make me think of coffee and CINNAMON ROLL!
the lighting and wood texture also give it A Cafe-Shop feel!
this is what I think! :evilgrin: don`t know about the others! :stuck_out_tongue:
but look, you really did a great art there NO no I mean it!

you should check out the works of surrealists like remedios varro and yves tanguy

Very nice. That would look great printed on strech canvas A1…

brilliant, very artistic in nature.

Got here from the banner link, so congrats on being “published”.

Coolness - like the full image, and the fact you provided blender view images for what you created.

Critique:

Like the bird look, and closed environment (wood panels, pins, and balls).

Excellent re-use of objects to fill the scene, though some look like add-ons for the background foreground, DOF (depth of field and focus) add to the realisim.

Color mix and contrast - nice.

Did you use nurbs?

wow, i can almost imagine this at 15ft taking a treck through central park :). very good and very interesting.

fahassani - aaaaaah, now I understand :smiley:
Modron - thanks., i’ve checked some Varo’s works and they are really inspiring

Jambay - Thank You.Yes, i know about some unexpected foreground/background misinterpretation problems :stuck_out_tongue:
No, i didn’t use any nurbs. Just pure polymodeling+subsurfs.

Really beautiful image, well done.

Awesome! I love it! And congrats to your banner.