Cs (aircrafts, intro area)

Hello, I made an ipo in my camera to show my desert area but haven’t recorded yet, I haven’t tried to play with my character in the area yet neither.

I mostly finished to configure a sky and various things linked to it and now I finally must go back to my undergrounds.

Hello, my last update include a script that move my area lights from lamp to lamp depending of their distance to the camera.

I was thinking about the introduction of the game earlier and still wasn’t happy with the back of my aircraft so I tried to update it, I still think it miss something above the reactor, behing the cockpit, but haven’t found it yet.

OLD

NEW

1 Like

Hello, here my lastest updates :

Little fin at the top rear of my aircraft.
Four landing supports (which close as two) below the rear and front of my aircraft.
Grass script to optimise their display on the ground of my desert areas.
New low poly aircraft used in the introduction of the game.
Start of a new introduction area of the game.

1 Like

Hello et happy new year blender artists. :partying_face:

I added the blend of natural material and artificial material and updated the location of the ground areas.

Hello blender artists.

I tried a new update of my ground area with a river where my artificial pond take its water from.
The next step should be the update of the mountains near the riverside.

Hi, any game-play to share?

Hello, sorry I focus on the modelisation of the areas which still need uge work.

I tried a quick script for my character some time ago but some things didn’t work and i need to redo it step by step.

Understood, that’s cool too :ok_hand:

Hello,

I increased the size of the mine and communication areas, enclosed the ground areas in a piece of land and connected everything by roads.

Are you using a height-map texture by chance for the environment creation? Or just extruding meshes.

Yes I use a black and white texture as a heigh map and a displace modifier to elevate the sand areas.
I also use a weight paint to flatten the sand areas where the artifical areas and the roads are located.

Their polycount isn’t that great but it’s too many otherwise and isn’t that useful considering their utility.

I think about painting them here and there with some of my others sand materials to make it less repetitive.

1 Like

Hello, I was in the script of my character to test it on my map, and my last one which bother me highly is the camera, and if this continues I’ll stop there.
The character turns well but my “empty” which serves as a pivot for the camera does not copy the rotations of my character when I wish.

# zoom # to, from, dist, string, normal, poly, uv
		camera_ray = camera_pivot.rayCastTo(camera_pivot_Y, camera_zoom, "")
		# camera_ray = camera_pivot.rayCast(camera_pivot_Y.worldPosition, camera_pivot.worldPosition, camera_zoom, "", 1, 0, 0)
		bge.render.drawLine(camera_pivot.worldPosition, camera_pied.worldPosition, [ 1.0, 1.0, 1.0])
		bge.logic.mouse.visible = True # bge.render.showMouse(1)
		if camera_zoom < 10:
			camera.lens = 20+(camera_zoom*13) # 18.64mm = 135° # 5156.49mm = 1°
			camera.perspective = True # perspective
			camera_pivot.worldOrientation = claris_global_rotation
			camera_pivot.worldPosition = claris_hair_global_position
			if camera_zoom == 0:
				camera_pivot_X['rotation X'] = 0
				camera_pivot_Z['rotation Z'] = 0
			if camera_zoom > 0:
				if camera_zoom <= 5: # tps
					camera_pivot_X['rotation X'] = interface_rotation[0]*0.5
					camera_pivot_Z['rotation Z'] = interface_rotation[1]
				if camera_zoom >= 6: # adv
					camera_pivot_X['rotation X'] = interface_rotation[0]
					camera_pivot_Z['rotation Z'] = interface_rotation[1]
			camera_pivot_Y['zoom'] = camera_zoom
		if camera_zoom == 10: camera.perspective = False # orthographic
		camera_pied.worldOrientation = camera_pivot_Y.worldOrientation
		camera_pied.worldPosition = camera_pivot_Y.worldPosition
		# if camera_ray == None:
		# if camera_ray != None: camera_pied.worldPosition = camera_ray[1].hit
		cont.activate(camera_Y)
		cont.activate(camera_X)
		cont.activate(camera_Z)

Hello, I have made good progress in my character and camera scripts, I still have some animation layer problems but it should be easy to resolve.
I am now in the inventory and equipment code, and will therefore go back to my robots then sub-zones to think about what I can extract from them.

Here is my last configured controller configuration:

New mining equipment for the second category of robots (laser, shovel, crate).

show video plzz

Hello @blenderaptor , I’m very sorry but I’m still on my character script for now and don’t know if it work enough for a video.

The relation with my robots is that I was in the interactions part of my character script but lacked some equipments, so I came back to my robots to make theirs that the character will then use.

Now I start the equipment for the first category of robots (caterpillar and propeller) with a clamp at the end of a telescopic arm (I prefer my second version of the clamp at the bottom of my capture, more discreet).
I am still looking for one or two other items, my themes here are various/maintenance.

2 Likes

what your game is about ?

Hello, my game is about an agent which have the mission of finding an “energy source” with the help of the jamming intensity it does, then recovering it and go out.

Sorry I haven’t updated my game much since my last comment because I decided to play some games to remember what it feel like and find some inspirations.

The new Mass Effect Remaster made me try to mod and play my old Mass Effect Trilogy.
1 and 2 were fine but 3 lack one important mod compared to 1 and 2 and my character look so ugly that I couldn’t last long.

The new Resident Evil 8 made me replay Resident Evil 0 and 1 remake, then try 2 and 3 remake where I’m at the start of the last area of 3 I think.
These ones where interesting for their level design with labyrinthic rooms layout which I need to take inspiration from.

1 Like

Hello, I tried a new “welding arc” accessory for my little crawler robot but mostly made various tweaks again on the ground area.

Hello.

Here are my latest updates, replacing the small wings of the robot cart with four reactors, new legs for the quadruped robots as well as jaw-shovel and tail-laser.