Cube (BGE Contest Entry) Demo Out 5/2/09!

Loks very good. Keep it up!

Wow, really cool youtube video, can’t wait to actually play it! It’s going good, nice!

Your game looks good, but what about adding a face to the cube? A crazy one like LocoRoco-style or something.

Ha, a face would be… a little odd. I’m pretty happy with the look of everything except the walls… but I’m a little out of ideas.

Bump for demo.

“I’ve also found that it doesn’t work on low-end ATI cards (Even if they supposedly support GLSL). I don’t know why, but most Nvidia cards should work.”

Well, Nvidia has been at the top of the game for a long time. When you say it doesn’t work, do you mean it doesn’t compile the shader (if blender even tells you that). I mean there is GLSL but also Shader Models as well. ATI has had a lot of problems with shadow mapping that I have seen/heard in the past.

Bump for test!
Arcade quality…well, almost!
Very cute! Bravo!
But this 90’s “arcade quality” runs at 15FPS with a athlon64x2/geforce7500 hardware?!
The cube don’t stand in the moving platform…
Keep blending!

Nice use of message sensors :smiley:

Mine runs at 2fps with GLSL mode enabled but jumps to 60fps (vsync enabled) when I go to multi-texture. I can’t really see any graphical difference either.

One thing I think may need to be done, I got stuck inside the lift mesh just after the first fight with the cube. When the lift descended my cube didn’t fit in the space underneath and, because the hull can change shape, was pushed inside the mesh. No way out. I had to quit out. Perhaps a ‘pressure’ sensor on the lift logic?

Man it runs really slow on my pc, i think the problem is that the whole levels is one BIG level, i recommend dividing it into various scenes that would load up as the player progresses.

I like it!
It works fine for me.
When I defeated the first green cube I did not know what to do, and when the elevator came I was right under it, making me drop through the ground.
And after I had died twice the shadows got weird. I think that is my graphic card but if more people have the same problem try change the shadow bias a little.

That was really fun!
I had to play in multitexture mode though, because my computer doesn’t handle GLSL right.
It worked fine apart from constantly having a checkmark in the middle of the screen, lol.

I did get squished underneath the elevator though, and I couldn’t get out of the floor.
I ended up having to restart the game.
You could have a hole in the floor there, or something…

There are only 2300 faces… I didn’t think that most people would have that much of a problem. It’s good to know that there is… I have a pretty beefy computer, so I don’t notice these things :D.

I’ve toyed with the idea of moving to multitexture, but I’ve had a lot of trouble getting the same look. For one, in multitexture everything looks a lot darker. Also, it doesn’t seem like I can fade out images that already have a bit of alpha (example, the checkpoint, and the jump “whoosh” texture"). All I can get it to do is fade in and out the alpha area, not the whole thing.

When I say it doesn’t work on low end ATI cards, I mean that everything is completely black on the one I tested. It seems to have to do with shading calculation (on faces that are sensitive to light). If I set everything to shadeless, it kinda works.

I’ll have an updated/better demo in a bit!

Alright, so I “ported” it to Texface (not Multitexture, ran into too many issues). It doesn’t look QUITE the same, and the shadow doesn’t look near as good, but what can you do? This should run about 392582398532 time faster.

It’s now attached to the first one.

Enjoy!

Sweet!
I see you attempted to fix the elevator squish problem, but if I fall through, I keep falling forever?

Looks awesome anyway.:wink:

Note that this game needs to be run in 2.48 for it to work!!

2.49RC1 has a bug with the IPO actuator… it doesn’t work on dynamic objects for some reason. I think that this might be your problem Minifig… you should be automatically teleported back to the start (or checkpoint if you got that far).

Let me know if you actually beat it, or if it was too hard!

-Sam

What doesn’t work? post it here 2.49 Problems. Post here or the bug tracker.

The problem is posted to the bug tracker… I discovered it before that post.

https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=18596&group_id=9&atid=306

Basically you can’t use location IPOs on dynamic objects in the current 2.49 RC.

Ah, I was using RC1.:wink:

Wow! Thats really good. My pc ran sloooow on the glsl one, but the texface one is fine. You did an excellent job at fitting alot of character into a set of objects made with like 64 verts. I am currently attempting to get past the part with the enemies…

keep up the good work!

HAHAHA That was lot’s of fun! I schooled all the bad guys. I comepletely owned them :stuck_out_tongue: More levels in the final release would be great! Good luck in the game competition!