Curve modifier doesn't work

Hello. I need help. I try to roll my flat model by spiral with curve modifier. But it doesn’t work properly.

I’ve tried all the ways. I changed deform axis in curve modifier, aplied transformations to spiral curve and to flat object, set up curve radius to 1, rotated origin curve and object. It all don’t work. I attached blend file. please help.
Curve modifier.blend (939.6 KB)

Use one of the modifiers in this thread,

1 Like

Thanks, but Geo node tree looks crazy difficult. I’d like to find more simple way with curve modifier

Good luck with that. :wink:

1 Like

The curve radius is NOT set 1 in you file, though.
(Note: mean radius changes, when you Apply Scale to curve, so be mindful of that.)
Aside from that, clear Tilt (it’s at 90 degrees now) and you should be good.

It’s also usually a good idea to have locations of both mesh and curve objects at the same coordinates, but not mandatory (might be different for whatever you plan to do with this).

2 Likes

But I thought this way set up curve radius. Or not?

Yes and no.
It let’s you set radius the same way as, for example, Move operator: it changes values relative to the current one. Like “add 20meters from this point”. But you can’t set an exact value this way.

To do this, bring up the N-panel: there you can find info on all selected points.
If you select one point, you can see (and set) it’s individual Radius (and other parameters).
If you select several, you can set their Mean Radius.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!!!

Have you found any solution for that?

Yes, the answer is above and don’t apply scale transformation for curve