Curve with bevel object is distorted

From a main mesh, I duplicated an edge loop and separated from the mesh. then I transformed it into a curve and applied a circle curve as bevel objet.

Sometimes it works sometimes it appears distorted like in this image and I couldn’t figure why. Does anyone know what causes sometimes this eliptic shape instead of circle?

Your scaling the circle different amounts on each axis (see image)
Use Ctrl+A to reset scale.

Attachments

The location of object center and axis of Bevel Profile curve will affect how it gets swept along the curve. Bevel will follow profile Z-axis.

Last time I played with it, it seems profile curve center fell on path curve. So if you have the object center of Bevel curve at the wrong place, the geometry can fold up on itself.

Richard, thanks a lot you for the tip. It was not exactly the circle that was with a different scale but the curve itself.
Even though the edge loop that I extracted from the main object was a “U” on the yz plane, it kept the scale of the original object which was affecting then the final result when the bevel object was applied.
I was almost getting crazy, thanks for the help.

Ridix, thank you also for the tip. It was not the cause of this problem since I only scaled the bevel curve, didn’t change its center, but I’ll be aware of it.