[Custom Build] Blender Fracture Modifier

@bashi

pushed a fix for inner vertex group - i accidentally deleted and recreated the vgroup on each shard, instead of keeping it and adding further verts for each shard to it. Note: for split shards to island you additionally need an inner material, (can be a clone of the outer material then if it should look the same), because i find the inner vgroup there material based.

And yeah, 81 is my year of birth :slight_smile:

For compiling under lion here i used the default compiler, probably that was gcc 4.2 or clang already.

And for mblur, does it crash when baked as well ?

There is a related bug in developer.blender.orgā€¦ https://developer.blender.org/T40017 there its recommended to bake the sim prior to rendering it

http://www.blender.org/documentation/249PythonDoc/GE/GameTypes.KX_GameObject-class.html#getReactionForce

I wish it existed,

also It would be awsome if it returned

Collisions list = [object1,Fx,Fy,Fz] [object2,Fx,Fy,Fz]

so I could filter collisions.

My walking rigdoll applies linV every frame, that I would need to subtract out from any data generated,

(I donā€™t want his own motions to trigger enough G forces to trigger rag doll limp/death)

Here is the 1st one on real-footage!
ZERO-GRAPHITY :smiley:

@dafassi

very cool video, I like it :slight_smile:

Saaaweet @ dafassi!
Good usage example. I hope you were able to repair the street ok after that video so your neighbors donā€™t get mad! ; )

@bashi ā€“ yes, communication is good : )

Do guys blender fundation will improve bullet? Or implement full bullet 3 in new blender? Does anyone know? I think they want to unify the physicalā€¦ does anyone have new news? already doing?

Hi,

made an update to both builds recently (14-08-2014). See the graphicall links, they reference a dropbox folder where the builds are uploaded.
Andā€¦ i need some more user feedback in order to be able to stabilize the modifier at the current state. So please, fellow users, help me finding bugs so i can fix them and prepare the code for master. Especially i would need more testscenes, which have ā€œintermediateā€ complexity (so, not too simple like a defaultcube but also no entire production blends, since they are possibly not for the public), especially those where problems arise. Any other testing and feedback about the modifier is welcome too :slight_smile:
Andā€¦ please do not sidetrack the thread, and stay on topic. Thanks :slight_smile:

where is a win32 download link?

I want to test this as well,

can it be used in conjunction with molecular somehow?

@BluePrintRandom

Hmm, would need to compile for Win 32 bits then as well (are you still under xp ? dont hope so, otherwise would need to compile with vs2008 express and i dont know whether there are according libs still) And regarding molecularā€¦ never used thisā€¦ so i dont know, but i am afraid it wont work togetherā€¦ but i may be wrong :slight_smile:

I am on windows 7 32 bit Iā€™ll test for you if you can get one up and running :smiley:

@BluePrintRandom

aaaarggh, windoze 32 is shitā€¦ in Vs2013 expressā€¦

somethings fishy with libjpeg (maybe i should update the libs, but then i will need to merge master into my branch again i am afraid, so both is the current versionā€¦ and that will take a while, will do after 2.72 again)

libjpeg.lib(jdatasrc.o) : error LNK2026: Unsicheres Modul fĆ¼r SAFESEH-Image.
133>libjpeg.lib(jdtrans.o) : error LNK2026: Unsicheres Modul fĆ¼r SAFESEH-Image.
133>libjpeg.lib(jctrans.o) : error LNK2026: Unsicheres Modul fĆ¼r SAFESEH-Image.

soā€¦ sorry i cant get one up and running :frowning:

n/p just keep @ the awsome :smiley:

i am linux 64 user

@ofuscado

ok, i can make a linux buildā€¦ but it probably will run under linux mint 17 or ubuntu 14.04 only, since (in my opinion) its not so easy to make portable custom builds which suit all linux versions.

@ofuscado

added a linux build in the dropbox linked by the graphicall linksā€¦ you might need to install dependencies like python 3.4 and boost from your distribution packages (probably all listed hereā€¦ http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Linux/Ubuntu/CMake#Manual_dependencies_installation )
I have put some additional libraries into the build, which i compiled myself using install_deps.sh (in blender sources)
If you have the dependencies installed, you should be able to run the ā€œblender.shā€ shellscript inside my build, this sets the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to ./lib and runs the blender executable with that parameter. I tested this here locally and this should work.

Hope this helps you.

scorpion81

Thanks, when I have some time I test it, what Iā€™m going on vacation :slight_smile:

good to see this is getting something going, havent heard much new news for awhile. use to follow development alot then things slow on the development front. anyway good luck with the review coming up on both frontā€™s.

@polygonesrus
For sure. Scorpion81 has been hard at work. This is a great tool. Jump back in the mix when you can. He could use some more sample videos and even tutorials to help spread the word.

Here is a short trailer for the fracture-modifier :smiley: