Daz Studio Has Bridge To Blender For Exporting Figures

Daz Studio has a new bridge software that allows you to export figures and all the corrective shape keys are there AND you can convert the rig to Rigify and still keep the shape keys.

Textures look nice too except I am getting a strange green or aqua ‘eyeliner’ look around the character’s eyes which I feel has to do with the SSS. But the nodes are crazy and I don’t know that much about them to alter anything other than setting up some nodes that don’t make the textures look as nice.

I use this (free) Daz to Blender addon and I haven’t found anything better: DAZ Importer
How much does this cost?

It is free HERE just need an account. But last I heard it wasn’t the greatest…but it does get updated, I still like to use Diffeomorphic as it works and does the same on any figure not just G8…if installed correctly.

*PS: There are also several threads on this here on BA…with this one as well as the Paid One and Diffeomorphic…also I just checked the update for the Bridge and it does look way better than the last version I checked !!!

Looks like you have to install it via DazCentral (their new install manager), which I don’t have set up. What’s the rig like when you push a character into Blender?

Doesn’t look too bad…and didn’t take to long on the conversion either…even though I included all the morphs!
Right after Import…

and Daz4 view…

I hit the Rigify Button !!! WOW, maybe included too many things on export!!

You don’t need to use DazCentral…you can go to your account and direct download the file…open, and tell it to install to directory structure…You will still have to go into C:\Users\Your-Name\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\BLENDER_VERSION\scripts\addons
and add the DTB folder and all its contents to a zip file on the desktop ( I had to)
and install regular Blender install…

PS…I just checked…YEP ALL the morphs as Shape Keys…OMG and it is faster than last time I tried…

1 Like