DECALmachine

I asked him very calmly to report it properly two times, with the first one being a response to him posting directly under me asking another user to do the same. So already, he should have done it properly, it was staring him directly in the face.
He chose to ignore it repeatedly and intentionally. How much longer am I supposed to do the pretty please dance. I don’t have time for this shit.

Bugfixing and support in general is not everything I need to do. I develop four addons in parallel, I need to be efficient. Oh I want to do art too, one of these days again.

I’m stting on both sides of this fence by the way. I report Blender bugs all the time, and I follow their process to the letter, instead of posting in some forum about the bugs and issues I come across. I respect their time and want the issues fixed ASAP.
They have even built a tool to report bugs right into Blender, that ensures the devs get all the necessary information, and that the issue is posted in the correct place. Sounds familiar?
Are you also complaining about this, and how you’d rather just post your issue to a blender discord or forum?

Every other addon is doing it wrong. I feel sorry for the pain they must endure.

Why would you want to post it here, or on discord? I get it, it’s easieer to just post a screen shot of an error and be done with it. But It’s a pain in the ass for me to deduct what is going on this way. This is especially true in the Blender space where people can use one of hundreds of different versions, and any of the 3 major operating systems.

None of these mediums are ideal for bug reporting. There isn’t even threading that allows me to easily keep issues separated.
I’d have to have a my own sub-forum, where each issue is its own thread. But guess what, there already is a perfect medium that everyone has easy access to, without even having to create a new account, and that’s perfect for threaded back and forth communication. It’s called email. And it also allows sharing of sensitive, private information, such as purchase proofs.

This way I ensure the people who pay for it, get the best, fastest and most efficient support. This is in your interest and in my interest.
Me being inefficient with support, is bad for everyone using my tools. The more time I spend on support or related nonsense, the less time I spend on building.

Feel free to google how to report bugs. You will learn I’m not being unreasonable here, I’m not asking too much of my users, and that product support can be extremely stressful.

8 Likes