DECALmachine is a set of tools to simplify and automate working with mesh based decals, which in turn facilitates quick design thinking, iteration and exploration. It does all that in a very non-committal, non-destructive way.
DECALmachine is supposed to be used with Blender’s Cycles renderer.
Since v1.4 decals can be exported to Unity3D, Unreal Engine 4, etc.
See this video and blog blog post for instructions.
- new Reconstruct Panel Cutter
- new Surface Fix
- Principled BSDF support
- Match Material
- decal atlas creation
- decal export to Unity3D, Unreal Engine 4, Substance Painter, Sketchfab, etc.
- bake decals down: normal, ao, curvature, height and color maps
- custom vertex normal workflow
- instant and batch decal creation
- modal decal height adjustment
- integrated asset/decal loader (unselect all + press ‘d’)
- custom decal creation guide
- use decals on flat surfaces and project them on curved surfaces
- ‘cut’ decal panel lines in a boolean-like manner
- parallax adds convincing depth to normal mapped decals
- retain sharp details at all scales, independent of texture resolution
- decal and panel UV creation is automatic and base meshes don’t need UVs
- change panel decal width and panel type after a panel has been ‘cut’
- change the panel decal shape and direction after it has been ‘cut’
- retrieve the original un-pojected decal sources at any time
- retrieve the cutters of panel decals at any time
- material cutting and material decals
- separate decal subset materials
- separate panel materials for each side side and panel flipping to switch those sides
- panel unwrapping for custom drawn or modified panel decals
- quickly rotate decals in 45 degree steps without leaving face snapping
- 116 decal assets supplied
Blender 2.78 or 2.79, 2.79 is recommended. Cycles renderer.
Only stable releases, use the addon at your own risk with the latest builds.
suggested tools for the best experience:
- MACHIN3tools - a continuously evolving collection of scripts, to simplify and automate a variety of tasks.
- Hard Ops the go to hard surface modeling tool kit, also quick access to modifiers and material assignments
- Batch Operations for scene organization
- Asset Management a general purpose importer to bring in kitbash parts, light setups, etc.
Feel free to send comments, questions, suggestions or issues to [email protected] or comment below.