Default cube burger

Hey blender artists! A community that I’m in hosted a default cube challenge and i came up with this burger. Everything else was modeled in zbrush and all the textures are procedurals.

Final Render (Octane Blender)

Untextured model

Modeling process : https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4X_blCMv-P/

10 Likes

This is honestly the best “cube with interesting lighting” I’ve ever seen! Nicely done!

Everyone keeps posting fabulous-looking food. Now I want a hamburger. Last week it was (procedural) pizza. Before that it was a pastry. I’m getting fat.

2 Likes

Thanks I appreciate it! It’s a pretty simple lighting setup, I used a studio hdri to get the light on the right side then I placed an area light at the front to fill the darker area and a large area light behind!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you bart! :pray:

I suppose I should explain.

Ages ago, back when Blender was a wee babe and you needed a shortcut card just to use it and before our forum was so pretty (when we still had to link images from external sites!), we had this post: Yellow cube with interesting lighting.

It was just a render of the default cube, using the default setup, and a little bit of yellow in the default point lamp color. People went bonkers.

Some got the joke, some didn’t. (Go ahead, read the thread if you must, but don’t feel bad if you don’t. You really aren’t missing anything.)

The OP was indeed trolling everyone, but he was an active coder for blender. (He did a lot of core functionality that made blender cool!)

So every time I see cool imaginative things using the default cube, such as your burger (I’ve eaten two now because of your delicious-looking cube burger), in my head I still call them “cube with interesting lighting”.

So… there’s your unsolicited blender history.

2 Likes