Devilish Char update : the set - see Page 2

Hi,

This is the character I’m working on at the moment, If I finish him, I’ll try to animate him.

Crits and comments appreciated

Serialsiner

I like where you are heading with this. Only two things that look odd to me, taking into account that this is a demon/devilish char. One, the ears look like they are on backwards and indented way too far into the skull. And two, the lower lip looks to be divided into two lower lips, an indent there would be fine, but it looks like they are actually seperate. Other then that, keep at it!! Looks very stylized and I like it! :smiley:

Hi Khnum,

Thanks for your comments. For the ears, I intend to do some kind of apertures only, not really ears.
For the lips, you’re right, they’re still divided due to the use of the mirror modifier, but this will be fixed when I apply the modifier to the mesh.
I’m gonna destroy the symetry too when the overall shape gets OK, tweaking each side to achieve a more “natural” look

A small update …

I don´t know. The Eyes are too big. Evil has usually small eyes. Could you try with smaller eyes? Cause you have a great modell going on here.

How can you know? Ever seen evil incarnated? :wink:
A fantastic job there, Serialsiner.

Instead of small eyes just make the pupils like pencil dots. hehe, that always does the trick. Front view looks great!!

I agree with Woodman5k about the eyes, but he? have a bit stupid facial expression.
But great job done enyway.

Thanks a lot for all the comments, for the eyes I’m thinking about modeling catlike or reptilianlike pupils, you know this kind of shape => ()

My concept sketch has been drawed with big eyes and I think it will give a more expressive face to the character, so I want to give it a go this way … I like the gargoyle look it has taken so far so I’ll just stick to this for the moment.

Serialsiner

Well, I like the head … but, well, I don’t know, but the front view … err … hmm … it just reminds me of … err … ton himself :smiley:

I’m not sure what it is :wink: Maybe the mouth or something ()

SORRY!!! :smiley:

How can you know? Ever seen evil incarnated? :wink:
A fantastic job there, Serialsiner.[/quote]

Yes I have. I call her Mother :<

Could you post the sketch Serialsiner.

Well, I like the head … but, well, I don’t know, but the front view … err … hmm … it just reminds me of … err … ton himself
I’m not sure what it is Maybe the mouth or something ()
SORRY!!!

Lol :smiley: He he, I see him now … I think I’ll ask Ton to say demonic things about Blender, then I’ll lipsync that :wink:

Added chest + belly , I try to work on it every day.

Serialsiner

The model’s full of ‘character’, including the eyes :wink: . He looks like the ‘mischeivous’ sort rather than ‘evil’ (for a demon).

Great looking character, cna’t wait to see this finished. I can imagen him with weedy little bony arms.

Keep up the good work.

veri nice but yers wont hurt it at all

Hi, I’ve been very busy but I managed to work a little on it anyway, so here it is :

this is really nice.
the stomach looks a bit wierd.
If you want it to look fat I think that it is too high.
you should make it lower

also the back of the head is a bit squarish if you understand what i mean

other than that it looks really good.
:smiley:

Hi, he’s got hands now, I’ve begun to work on feet but I need to model the pelvis, tail, thighs and legs before I can attach them to the body.

Hi,

The body is nearly complete now, next I’m gonna work on the UV mapping then I’ll do the target shapes, and start the animation.