dig world problem

Awesome work :slight_smile:
Maybe it is just because you recorded this in a small window but itā€™s a bit hard to see the surrounding area. Maybe you could change the focal lenght of your camera from 35 (default value) to ~~17.

But awesome work :wink:
Minecraft 2.0?

I would not want it to be too steep a incline?I want it to take both of these slant blocks or one of the slant blocks at a time.

Attachments

broken cubes.blend (441 KB)

Can I get this one for test?:smiley:

Here is a idea for your game vegetablejuicef.You could have a random spawner empty spawn gold,metal,treasure on your player.Then you could add a block to your blocks.Then you could have that block have a specific property on it.Then when the spawner empty spawns gold,metal and treasure it would spawn that on the nearest block with that specific property.
I put a texture i made in gimp on the blocks.Here is the blend.

Attachments

blockWorldEasyDemo.blend (1.37 MB)

Put it in resources maybe it could be improved on later on by somebody.Random ore generation would be nice.The reason why i wanted to spawn the two cubes together was is that i wanted the player to have a choice between making flat ground and inclined ground.what if you made the hills with inclined ground to go up and flat ground at the top from the start.

I put a makehuman character with walking and jumping animation in your block world easy demo. It makes the framerate decrease dramatically when I use the animation.After the animation stops the framerate returns to normal.

Remove SSS and smooth hair from character, animating them is hard to do. Also check if character isnā€™t triangulated- it must be faced instead of triangules.

Yeah, i think make human is not meant for game engines.
Also not really aesthetically consistent with the game.

Give me ~15 min i will do the save and ore scripts.
Probably throw in my textures as well if i have time.

Makehuman is for renderings. It adds smooth SSS(for natural look- a specific transparnecy of skin, the blood and meat effects inside). It also adds particle based hair and the humans of makehuman are VERY high poly, usual computers canā€™t handle themā€¦

Everquest next uses cubes like in your blend for some of it.It has realistic humanoids characters.

Where is the sss for makehuman?

Everquest next looks worlds apart from everything here ā€¦
They are not realistic humans and not high poly, but they are aesthetically consistent with the world.

Anyway,
no textures and havenā€™t tested it yet yet,
so bugs can happen, but here it is:

Spawn rate is 1 in 6 blocks is a crystal

Attachments

blockWorldEasyDemo.blend (666 KB)

What about Blockstory for unity?Well it has human shaped characters.And animal shaped chaacters.They are not like minecraft characters.

Minecraft looks in a sense ugly, like a a puppy pug, cute but ugly.
Most block games that aim to be realistic look uglier.
The players/ monsters donā€™t match the world, they feel foreign.

I would suggest castle story or 7daystodie.
They differ but are consistent in their style and context.
7days makes the world look not blocky so it would match with realistic humans and monsters while having voxel like building.

I donā€™t think any of us here has the skill to pull off a realistic voxel-like game mechanically or aesthetically.

How many ores is that? And how can I place my own ores in it?Do you think blockstory is a bad game?

One, I count one.

Make a object, name it, make a ghost version, name it, update the block type dict in the init by adding the names there, change the spawn behaivor in manipulation script, done.

I am out for a while.

Would there be a great strain if i put a night and day cycle in it?I changed randit to one but it did not work.

Yes and no.
Depends on what you call a day night cycle.
A animated hemi + shadow lamp might work fine, as it is only 2 lamps.
But then, youā€™d want torches for the night, right? how many extra light sources is thatā€¦

Okay, randint is the chance not the type, read it carefully.
It is something like this:
If weWantOre and randint is ZERO: then spawn this hardcoded type of block.

How would i add npcs?Could you post simple example?Because everytime i add them they fall through the floor.Do you i need to add more randints to the code?