Dimorphodon papercraft model

Managed to get the pape-rcraft model document finished (I think), instructions included. Please have a go if you fancy a new challenge.

Paper-craft document can be DOWNLOADED HERE

The entry requirements are pretty low, you’ll need a printer and some card plus a few basic tools and materials. Basic page size is A4 (sorry non-ISO paper countries) which will make a 44cm wingspan model. Those with access to an A3 printer can scale up 141% for a 62cm monster.

There’s a W.I.P. thread here that shows the process

If you know someone who might enjoy making this kit or just dig what I’m doing, please inform, retweet, spread the word. I spent ages on this thing and now I want to share it!

11 Likes

I’ve put up a real-time 3D version of the papercraft on P3d.in as a visual aid for anyone building it. You can pan, zoom and generally spin the model around to see what the final shape should approximate, tail bend, wing angles etc.

Papercraft Dimorphodon on P3d.in

Dimorphodon Papercraft(View in 3D)

LMB - rotate
MMB - zoom (or shift-MMB)
RMB - pan

Here’s some screengrabs for anyone not using a webGL capable browser.

1 Like

The papercraft Dimorphodon got a really positive review from Dinosaur Toy forum.

Zealot.com forum member- micahrogers made this nice build log for the paper-card Dimorphodon.

Good reference for anyone attempting a build.

A deviantart member sent me some nice pics of their build of my papercraft

Been putting some stuff on Sketchfab starting with the papercraft Dimorphodon, anyone wanting to build the Dimo might find this a useful guide to the final appearance in 3D

1 Like