Disaster Follows (texture artist needed)

I haven’t downloaded, but he seems a bit thin. Though I think he is quite good.

Just to let you know, I got a new computer with glsl graphics and is about twenty times faster than my old one, so I will be a lot faster in working on anything you want. I can now actually run a game at better than 10 fps!

For a first human game model, it’s O.K, but I notice a lot of things that can be changed:

• What’s that bulge at his back? It looks ugly
  • The head should be moved forward.
  • The side of the head is pretty flat (no ears? :confused:), but there are still a lot of polys there.
  • It looks like the char has O-legs.
  • The chin is too pointy.
  • It’s not smart to pose the hands before you start rigging.
  • The mouth is too wide. Try to merge some verticles.

I may sound negative, but the model is pretty good for a first try. Character modeling is one of the hardest things and especially when it has to be low-poly. Before you start on with your next human model, I’d advice you to try thistutorial.

sorry everyone, for leaving this thread for a while. i’ve been on vacation.

but anyways, i have done some minor changes to the character “Erik”
as you can see, i took away the “lump on his back” which was a failed attempt at a hood, and replaced it with a popped collar. i also quickly whipped up some hair.(extrude-individual faces)

Attachments

Nice work! Try mooving his nose and mouth back a little, It may help him look more realistic.

-ShingWanTin

ok, so we now have the 2 mountains that will be in the game. i think we’ll just call them simply; “Fire” and “Ice” mountain

1st: ice mountain
long ago this was a volcano but then became dormant
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd276/rcaddicted/icemountain.jpg
the path where you will be able to walk is highlighted
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd276/rcaddicted/walkingpath-icemountain.jpg

2nd: fire mountain
-an active volcano
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd276/rcaddicted/firemountain.jpg
the walking path is highlighted
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd276/rcaddicted/walkingpath-firemountain.jpg
the path where the lava river will flow is highlighted(it may be a little hard to see)
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd276/rcaddicted/lavaflow.jpg
there will also be a “lava pool”
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd276/rcaddicted/lavapool-firemountain.jpg

note: the temple will be inside fire mountain. you an get to it through that little opening on the side

Attachments

mountain-fire.blend (438 KB)mountain-ice.blend (392 KB)

Very nice style. If you can pull off the textures, it will look great!

thanks! mountains were created by ShingWanTin and slightly altered by me. but i do agree… he did a great job on the mountains.

@Bigfoot- i was just about to email you. we need a speech/talking/text system for all the dialogue in the game. you think you can handle that? i’ll email you with specifics

Matters what you want. E-mail me the specifics, and I’ll see what I can do. Cause right now I’m not sure what you want exactly.

Edit: I’m working on the script right now, though unfortunately, I do not yet have the right font. Give me a couple days, and I’ll have it ready. This is certainly a useful feature missing from the game engine.

thats one of the things they should put in 2.5:D:yes:

@mokazon: hey, man!! haven’t heard from you in a while, have you textured the character yet?
also when you finish that, i want you to make a bunch more trees. i will model some if i can but i need you to texture them.

overall, right now i want:
-35 different plant models
-7 different dead trees
-10 different shrubs
-5 different tall grasses
-3 different flowers(for gardens)
-10 different live trees
now, i will do the modelling of the “tall grasses” and “dead trees”. If i want to do more, i will as long as you haven’t already done them or were going to do them.

ok, so i have redone some character names. here are the fullest description of the main characters and their parents that i have
Quince: age: 18
category: main character
objective: get rid of the “goo”
Physical: skin: normal north-american
hair: blonde
eyes: brown
body: toned, slim
weapon(main): swor
height: 5’10"
Relations To Other Characters: son of Martin and Angela
best friend to Amber and Dudley

Amber: age: 17
category: secondary character
Physical: skin: normal, light
hair: long, wavy, brown
eyes: green
body: thin
weapon: fist
height: 5’5"
Relations To Other Characters: daughter of Myles and Lori
best friend to Quince and Dudley

Dudley: age: 17
category: secondary character
Physical: skin: pale
hair: spiky, mullet, light brown
body: thin, muscular
weapon: slingshot
height: 5’7"
Relations To Other Characters: daughter of Myra
best friend to Quince and Amber

Martin: age: 51
category: minor character
Physical: skin: tanned
hair: short, greyish
eyes: blue
body: slim
height: 6’1"
Relations To Other Characters: father of Quince
husband of Angela
Angela: age: 47
Physical: skin: tanned
hair: spiky, mullet, light brown
eyes: brown, long
body: slim
height: 5’8"
Relations To Other Characters: mother of Quince
wife of Martin

Myles: age: 64
Physical: skin: normal
hair: grey, short
body: heavier
height: 5’7"
Relations To Other Characters: father of Amber
husband of Lori

Lori: age: 63
Physical: skin: pinkish
hair: blonde, straight, short
eyes: blue
body: petite
height: 5’1"[/FONT]
Relations To Other Characters: mother of Amber
wife of Myles
Myra: age: 59
Physical: skin: pale
hair: big, dirty blonde
body: thin
height: 5’4"
Relations To Other Characters: mother of Dudley

Here is the “speech” system. As you can see (when you open the file), it does have problems. I’ve done what I can, but this is all my limited python can do. Should I post it in the help section? (This really displays my weakness with texturing, and with python texturing.) I’m sorry.

(I used another python script as the basis)

Attachments

Type_Mesh_Finished.blend (302 KB)

hey, I’d like to help

I’ve never really done python (well, not that’d count. 1 small script), and I don’t know much about logic bricks, but anything else I’m game for.

can you do animating?

I haven’t done much.

ok how bout you give me your email and we’ll talk more then.

ok so i have been working on a scene for the basement of Quince’s house. And his house. the basement is one room, and exactly 1500 faces. i don’t have an interioir for the house yet, but i am working on it. when you enter the house, the camera will be overhead looking down and the roof will be… not there. i will post the .blend for the house tomorrow

BTW: does anyone know how many poly’s can be played during gameplay if i have 6gb of RAM?

Attachments

basement.blend (336 KB)

zephlis: I thought somebody else volunteered to texture it… Also, I think I am going to have to quit your project :frowning: I don’t really have time to do stuff as I have started a new project. :wink:

@mokazon: ok thats alright. i can always find someone else. and good luck wwith your new project.

anyway, i have the house now. its not very low-poly but this version will be used for cutscenes. i wioll take the whole set-up on the roof off for in-game, along with others. the next thing im doing is making the interior so in a few days i’ll have that done:)

faces: 1554
sorry can’t uplaod it, its 1.32MB

I am happy to say, that Zootanore will be returning, but only as the “Visual Effects Artist”.
so he will be taking fully animated cutscenes and overlaying visual effects (in other programs)

ok so now i have the full interior of the house. with the exception of a few minor details. i also have another character model for a construction worker.

Attachments

interior.blend (296 KB)construction worker.blend (168 KB)