Disaster Follows (texture artist needed)

oh ok thats fine i guess. that would be good. right now im just finishing up a human model for the character’s friend

zeflis, i hope u dont mind i got ur character model and am working on him. doing alot to him and i will take a go at making a texture for him. i will update u with my progress when i can!

sure that fine with me. any help is appreciated:)

but can you just follow the pictures that i gave mokazon? they’re on the previous page

Hey all I am new to this project. currently, I constrcted a character and will texture him once i find good textures. keep up the good work!

Zeflis: what type of level do you want me to design? I accidentally deleted the message you sent me about that. :slight_smile:

what kind of character have you made? we need a mom and dad for the character, a female friend and probably about 4-5 dozen very simple townspeople.

haha thats ok. i was thinking if you could start with the main field. i will post pics or send them to you tomorrow. (im using my psp to do this) but was thinking that if you worked off the ideas of Hyrule Field from The Legend of Zelda. i sorta want it that style but not exactly the same of course.
either way, dont start on it till you get the overall map.

I haven’t been posting much here lately, but remember, just call on me if you need anything in the way of game logic.

absolutely. i haven’t forgoten bout you Bigfoot. actually we might be able to put your skills to work in the next couple of days. once ShingWanTin finishes the field or even part of it you could put together one of the first forms of the motorbike minigame, because i would like that to be in the demo release.(whenever that happens)

and i would like to ask if anyone has a greyhound/bloodhound style dog model we could use for the enemy that attacks you on the bike. i havent found myself very good at that

Heres an update on the character i completely re-did the head, not finished yet but hope u like it! Im also fixing up the body. also reduced total face count by 400. :slight_smile:

update: reduced by 100 my bad!

anyway heres a pic!

ohh nice model for only 400 faces!

its not 400 faces haha thats how much i reduced the model by. thanks though :slight_smile:

that head is actually only 334 faces :slight_smile:

wow that does look very good. what is the total face count so far?
i also noticed the nose looks alittle higher poly than it needs to be.

right now 1464 faces, it should still be lower than the original i just gotta do hair and re-do the arms and legs to make them better for animation. all will look the same though and i wont change hands theyre fine.

heres a pic of the wireframe

that head looks very good. 1400 faces isn’t bad. do you think you could make the character a female one? about 16/17 years old? also i just think the nose has to many poly’s on it.

@ShingWanTin: here are the pictures i would like you to go by. the map won’t upload for some reason. i’ll email it to you

Attachments

got it. I will begin right away. thanks alot! by the way, should i post the character now even though he has ne texture? (He is a monster-like character. i think he should be a guard for the boss or something)

ok thanks. umm… yea sure why not

I designed my own temple. It has a lot of cool stuff in it. here is the key incase you cant understand my handwriting-

S = sword
A = Axe
B = Bow and Arrow
T = tunnel entrance/exit
TR = transporter (it is one way only)
G = guard
Boss = Boss :cool:

hope you like it!

EDIT - those cloudlike things are trees in which you can climb if you get the ladder in the river on the edge.
K = key

Attachments

OK, here is the guard i was thinking about. he has no hands yet. you can fiddle around with him all you want; I wont care. So here he is:

sorry, forgot to upload him :o here he is

Attachments

monsterro.blend (237 KB)

here is the character i promised. i couldn’t get to the computer much the past a couple days so progress has been slow. if any of you download and find something wrong with him, then do your best to correct it or tell me. this was the first human model i did entirely mayself

faces=1058

Attachments

erik.blend (192 KB)