Dödens lek (The game of death)

“If I would remove the skull he would look like a nazgul. Almost exactly like a nazgul, also the sith in star wars also got the no face dark coat look to them. The skull makes it clear to the player it’s not a sith or a nazgul under the hood…or a human.”

I hate to be blunt but… No, just no. The only thing it makes clear is that it’s a plastic skull. If you want to make a scary skull/face then you’ll need to up your modelling & texturing skills :wink: Also you should take a look at “Amnesia”, people from Sweden or Norway made it, can’t remember exactly, my Nordic is a bit rusty.
Regardless you have some spirit, put it to use and try not to be too arrogant. Respect is earned.

uhmm, about increase the modeling skills, I think that they are fine, the texturing he doesnt finish yet, so I think that we should wait for it. And people gave personal tastes other then critics themself, so If I think that instead of a skull it have the picture of “marisonia”, dont ask but she scaries me a lot,ll give me more fear it ll be truth for everyone and specially for the one who is making the model?, this is a personal taste, not a constructive critic, in other hand some of them where usefull like the one about the hand of the character and some others, I dont like people poiting fingers on my stuff about what it is I like critics about improve it not to change the way I imagined the character!

@Mirata
What I’m talking about when I say normal maps vs non normal maps is essentially the difference between these two images. I think the first one looks better, that is just me…one doesn’t need photos or normal maps to get good graphics. The old fashioned brush can produce much much more exciting graphics.

The only thing it makes clear is that it’s a plastic skull

Wtf? I love when super mario fan boys comes into ones thread or comments on ones youtube channel. What should one expect? This particular forum drowns in 14 year old zombie lovers and “shiny superior graphics”. I got three words for your comment…

GO
FUCK
YOURSELF

Also you should take a look at “Amnesia”, people from Sweden or Norway made it, can’t remember exactly, my Nordic is a bit rusty.

I’m from sweden, my nordic isn’t rusty and I have never heard of that game before. Indeed sweden and norway are two cultures that are superior when it comes to all sorts of art. Now please I appreciate criticism, but only if it’s constructive. I’m not the guy that takes shit just like that. Expect shit back if you throw it at me.

Another thing…texture isn’t finished, that screen is just a rough texture/shading.

Amnesia Its a pretty scary game indeed, the name is amnesia the dark descent I found it way too mutch violent but its is very scary!

I understand that, but it isn’t normal maps you dislike, it’s the style. Those two images aren’t of the same style so it isn’t fair to compare the two. One is going for atmosphere and fantasy, the other for realism. Both are good in what they are trying to be.

the first one was pre rendered too is from final fantasy 9 If im right, If im not just ignore me

FFIX combined 3d and 2d. Most of the enviroments in FFIX are paintings though. So most of it has been drawn…by hand. And I do realize that they are different style. But I still prefer the first one, and it has no normal maps or spec maps. The point is one can create a atmospheric game without any normal maps or spec maps at all. No fancy filters or lights…that is why I’m just slightly bothered by the zombie lovers comments…

Then your attacking of games with normal maps is a bit misplaced - it doesn’t show the artist’s lack of skill, it shows a change in taste. If you’re looking for a more photorealistic game image, using normal maps and such is a must because its far too much detail that is trying to be captured. If you’re looking for a painted, stylized game, painting textures would obviously be best. Neither really looks “better” than the other, mainly because they’re not graphically comparable because they are both aiming for different things. By calling a game bad because it uses normal maps is attacking the style more than the technique. That’s not criticism, that’s bad taste.

^Not necessary or professional.

Gudra, your thread can be a good idea at the begin, but you make that so pain full to read and follow, you are so rigid brain and borring personality … good luck (you need a lot)

Gudra, your thread can be a good idea at the begin, but you make that so pain full to read and follow, you are so rigid brain and borring personality … good luck (you need a lot)

If you say so, I won’t be updating this thread with my progress. Good luck people with whatever you are doing.

Your main character is dead himself…:smiley:

The only problem is, you’re giving your audience more reason to comment on your comments rather than commenting on your progress. Fix this, and you will be fine.

GO
F***
YOURSELF

Thread closed. Another thread by Gudra that has turned into a pointless argument, which has in turn become verbal violence.