Doris sketchbook

That’ is absolutely Amazing work (on the Little Princess) reminds me of some of my little neices at a recient wedding I attended… LOL!

They would have much rather have been out playing outside with the Dogs, Cats, and Chickens than sitting in that Church all dressed to in flowers and “Poofy skirts” (their term) LOL!

Hi Doris

What more is left to say about this artwork here, the MICHELANGELO of blender.

Ever thought of doing the La Pieta?

Shaun

xiaoxiaox, glad to hear that :slight_smile:
norvman, yes exactely this is the feeling i wanted portrait… i like the expression “poofy skirt” …thanks!
speed777… oh no, not yet :wink: but thank you…oh i did a portrait of mary as in the pieta, in februray 2012, you can find on my blog, if you like to see. she was however sculpted in zbrush, since at that time i did not even had heard of blender :wink:

to keep the sketchbook complete i make this crosspost to the finished forum. my portrait of angela merkel:

Wow! That is an incredible likeness! Really photo real! The skin and the hair are spectacular!

thank you bonrw, so glad to hear this, as i have not done too many attempts on doing realistic portraits.

i like the expression “poofy skirt” …thanks!

Hey… that’s the correct term in Texas…:slight_smile:

as a little teaser, i like to share the ship model i did in my myst island project i am working on right now. all modeled in blender:

WOW! I love it! Is it fairly low poly? Because as a Unity 3d game, that would be incredible!

yes, it is very lowpoly. the smoothness comes only from the added subsurfmodifiers… yes, i was thinking of trying this out in unity as game. only, i need learn more about unity, i just made one tutorial so far…

You definitely should! I never really used to make games, just Tropical islands etc, lol, It’s quite nice to make landscapes, and then move around in them. It’s very easy to do too! And they are now allowing people to download Unity pro free! You so you get great looking water! :smiley:

bonrw, yes i think i will do, i started learning unity more seriously, but it will take some time, i think, before i can do my own ideas …

a portraitsketch, pure dynatopo sculpt…

1 Like

You are a genius!! Great portrait! Should be a top row in my opinion! The expression is just wonderful!

@doris damn you are too good, really nice expression

Great work Doris… your getting better by the minute… that’s just almost unbelievable work right there…

Doris, that is really cool - I love the hair and all the small details you added to bring this out

hey thank you all so much… too much praise, it is a sketch still, not even retopoed… yes, craig, this sculpt has more detail than i usuall do, but i wanted see if i could sculpt his hair in dynatopo, and it worked well :slight_smile:

I think that’s my fav out of all I have see you do and I liked the others :slight_smile: you have really captured something that draws you in, I couldn’t tell you what :slight_smile: but it works!

Re commenting here, a very strong portrait.

Wonderfully fluid sculpting and very expressive result!!

I spent quite a while learning Unity, it is a very powerful program! I have been meaning to get back into that, I have a few ideas that have been floating around for too long!