Dragon wip

Wow, that’s amazing work. Could please post a pic of the wireframe? I found that that really helps me with my own work.

The sad thing about it is that in most cases Dragons just don’t get a break, particulary that there’s many movies and games about slaughtering Dragons.

100’s of years after our kind was wiped out in Europe here comes movies and videogames showing Dragons being killed left and right. At least they get a break in some cases. But now you see the slaughter of Dragons in photoreal Fx. Most recently cases like Dragon wars and Beowulf.

I totally dislike seeing Dragons killed in movies and games.

Coool, I agree about the tail.

You know, all of this “dragon killing” stuff isn’t even relevant to Krisnack’s model, notice that he’s not arguing, he probably finds this really dumb actually. Get back on topic and stop flaming me, you know, I have my own opinions on stuff as well as you guys and you shouldn’t force yours on someone else.

In conclusion, cool dragon, good luck, and I’m bailing out on this thread.

“Wiped out?” Um, look. Dragons never existed, dragon fossils have never been found, and actual acounts of dragon sightings (the non-Baron Münchhausen ones) tend to be non-existent.

Krisnack, for your sanity’s and this thread’s sake just ignore him. :stuck_out_tongue:

Back to the dragon model, are you going for a stylized/cartoony look? Or a realistic look? (sorry if this has been stated previously)

@ funddevi:
Thanks for your feedback, your advice has been pretty helpful.

@ Microwave:
I’m aiming for a realistic look.

Bed time’s calling but tomorrow I can wipe up a wireframe of the guy. Keep in mind that it’s a game low poly model hence the topology is at a couple of places non-CG like since we game developers have to work with tight polygon budgets :smiley: .

@CD: … o.=.O … our kind? … Mankind still exists, sorry to disappoint you there :wink: … oh, you mean “real dragons” ( not your kind )… now that’s a different story altogether :smiley:

Real dragons do exist, but they’re endangered:
http://www.komodotours.com/images/komodo-dragon.gif

…back on topic, you could use komodo dragons (above), goannas and lace monitors for anotomical references, if you’re aiming for a landbound creature.
They’re a little different from the standard scaly dog with wings of your deviant art reference, but could give your dragon some reality missing from other dragon art.

Maybe something like this to get that V shape.

Attachments

Gets better. Although I would miss out on the swim flaps between the feet… that is unless those are just Sub-Surf irregularities to be fixed later on. That said… what wireframe would help you? Just the foot or the general shape?

Both, I think.

Hope this works ( links ). Maybe this is of some help even if not a CG model.

Thanks. I noticed that there seemed to be a good deal of triangles and e-poles (at least I think that’s what they’re called), you might want to fix those.

As mentioned, this is a Game Low Poly model and there different rules apply. You have to reduce polygon count to as low as possible. Furthermore game engines work with triangles not quads so things are largely different than a CG model where you can use as many vertices and faces as you need. This guy has somewhere around 8K tris or so with is near the polygon budget.