Draw Xray

Xray highlight is in sync with mesh highlight. You do not have to click g. Clicking away from mesh do deselect works ok on my side… The splilling of selection is there for performance, not for looks :smiley:

Strange, i’ll try it with a more recent build.

edit: tried it on the most recent 2.8 build and get the same issue I described (win7)

edit2: started with blender with factory setting and the issue doesn’t occur, seems problem might be with my file. sorry, my bad.

1 Like

hi Jose, would it be easy to give the user the ability to change the highlight colour?

DrawXray is using higlight color from you theme preferences.

1 Like

Did you try to get it by donating $1?

Yeah got it now :smiley:

Small update - added ability to disable DrawXray overlay per object, and same for snapping. Fixed crashes:

3 Likes

It crushed sometimes.not very stable.

and i can not create new a 2d animation document when enable this addon.

Sorry I cant recreate this. Works fine for me on rc3

Is it possible to remove the backlight outside the selection?

It would be possible, but code would be way more complicated. The way it is now it’s bit non standard, but at least it is quite fast for rendering. Sorry for problem

I cant believe I haven’t seen this addon before

But now I am glad, since its needed.

Hello,
I cannot install the addon in blender 2.82 alpha.

I commented lines 197-202, 250-258 and now it works in 2.82 alpha.
I used the free version which is without snapping.

1 Like

It seems you were using old version. draw_xray_2.4_without_snap - has this bug fixed. But then addon would crash anyway in older builds of blender 2.82. However I just tried new 2.82 build from yesterday and there is no crashing, and no problem with installing it AFAIK.
Sorry for late reply

I’ve had this issue before with Draw Xray addon and PolyQuilt, I think he fixed it in 2.81 a few versions ago

But now again in 2.82 using his Polyquilt and your Draw Xray causes a crash as soon as I click

Do you think you could attempt to have them work together? Unsure if maybe you can spot something to have them work together properly without conflicting.

His addon is a great retopo tool and would pair well with yours.

Are you sure you are using latest DrawXray (2.4) ?

1 Like

blender_2020-02-19_16-35-36

explorer_2020-02-19_16-36-05

This is caused by a call to depsgraph.update() on line 414 of refresh_draw_buffers.
This function rebuilds the current EDIT_MESH, so PolyQuilt accesses the wrong memory.
How about not calling this function when there are no modifiers?

Example :

if len(active_obj.modifiers) > 0 : 
        depsgraph.update()  # to get disabled mods/ update selection higlight if draw mods_on,