after a long time Prof. Monster created a new BGE component:
It makes the VideoTexture available without writing a single line of code. The according modules are available in the attached demonstration file.
now available via GitHub.
- Use branch runtime (default) for integration into your project.
- Use branch runtime_with_dependencies for integration into your project when you do not want to download the dependencies separately.
- Use branch sdk to find demos.
The modules allow to easily:
- project an image file onto a material
- project a video file onto a material
- control the playback of the video
- project the output of a camera to a material
- control the playback of the camera
The attached zip file contains
- the .blend with the python code and a sample setup for each use case + a short introduction.
- a video file to be played in the demo
- an image file to be shown in the demo
VideoTexture.zip (840 KB)