Dyntopo tests

I really like the expression. Good stuff!

1 Like

Hey, thanks man!
You the Dyntopo Czerw!!

1 Like

Haven’t done a practice head in a while. Testing 2.81 alpha.

5 Likes

Good job guys for resurrecting this thread, Dyntopo for ever! :facepunch::muscle: i will try to do some quickies tonight.

2 Likes

Heck yes. We should keep this thread kickin’. Will post more soon!

Edit:

5 Likes

Nice to see the thread alive again, great work everyone! Here’s my contribution, I’ve been studying to get more into concept art in the future so my usual creature-monster-head-from-a-sphere sketches are great for that :nerd_face:

5 Likes

This might be my favorite of your sculpts! Neat!!
We The Dyntopo Crew ™!!!

Having a good concept is 40% of the battle to a good sculpt. Another 40% is anatomy. And maybe 20% is sculpting skill.
That’s why it’s so much easier to sculpt something OK if you use an existing concept (a good one). But that’s just the initial step.
I think the real deal is developing that sense for concept design. It comes in handy even when using an existing concept design, because a lot of the times they are not 100% legible and you have to balance it out from all the angles and such.

2 Likes

Excellent work man! :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you!

@0rAngE What you said is a pretty good summary of the concepts explained by Aaron Sims in his most recent Artstation workshop; I want to put my focus on the design aspect first, silhouette, form, function and all of that stuff. As a generalist I usually do sculpt just for fun and relax, is not part of my daily job, so it’s usually a freeflow process starting from a sphere, but now that I’m more interested in concept art I have to get more serious and methodical about it :grinning:

3 Likes

Touched up in Krita.

Daily dyntopo doodle:

5 Likes

My latest love letter to Dyntopo:

2 Likes

And another scene where I thankfully made use of Dyntopo’s existence. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Daily doodle. Demon head:

9 Likes

3 Likes

inspired by images from d4.
b2.80

Is there a way to jump between meshes without need to get out from sculpt mode just like in 2.79?

8 Likes

If you uncheck the Lock Object Modes under Edit in the header bar, you can then put each mesh into sculpt mode and then sculpt on each, just needing to select the next one to sculpt on before using your tool.

edit: always lovely work you show, this is the same too

2 Likes

Thanks. Great tip with lock object modes, i did not know that something like this was added.

Yeah same s over and over.

One more headshot.

7 Likes

another one. b2.80

11 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes