e-cigs vs tobacco

Try and tell me your morning cafe double mocha latte is not next.

Interesting debate if you care.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/wales-27381047

Facts be damned, or lack of ?

The problem here is that no one really knows who to trust. In one corner you have governments seeking to ban a product in the interest of public health. In the other corner you have an industry seeking to ensure said product remains legal and profitable.

So who do you trust, does the government have the best interests of the public in mind or does the industry? Whenever a person or entity lies they give reason to distrust everything they say, once the willingness to lie has been exhibited then it lends to the possibility that anything they say could be a lie.

Both industry and government have been known to lie, at least from time to time if not more. So why is there any reason to trust either of them on any issue?

From doctored government climate research documents to the oil industry paying people to keep quiet about flaming tap water neither of them are particularly trust worthy.

I’d say the best solution is to make all knowledge on the subject easily accessible by the public so the individual can simply make up his or her own mind, but even then there’s no guarantee that those writing documentation on the subject don’t have an interest in doctoring the information one way or the other.

This is precisely the reason conspiracy theory has become so popular these days. Even when it’s the truth no one knows for sure that it’s not a lie.

This is a place where conspiracy theories can be born - the garden - where all herbal products can come from. Winners never quit, quiters never win. It’s hard to soar with eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys…or consipiracies in the gardens…

Attachments

That all depends on the game then now doesn’t it. Personally if I’m in anything I’m not in it to win it, just in it to have a good time.

You know back when I was in high school I never partook in any of the extra curricular activities, such as track or basketball. I’m not a particularly competitive person, but I do enjoy good fun. The problem with games like that, from my perspective, is that people take them too seriously. When it becomes your livelihood it’s just not fun anymore, it’s life or death.

I played backyard football with some friends of mine who were on the football team, we didn’t keep score and it was just good fun. They used the opportunity for practice, I used it for a good time and I think all but one of us had a lot of fun. As it is there always seem to be at least one that gets all bent out of shape when things don’t go his way.

Ya win some and ya lose some I always say, but really regardless of the rules of the game the real winners are those who are enjoying themselves. As far as the rules of any given game are concerned, it’s okay to lose, don’t stress out about it because then you’ve really lost the spirit of the game.

Don’t stress out about it, you’ll live longer I’m sure.

P.S. Believe it or not I got a few really good tackles in those backyard football games, just had a blast. Full tackle of course, not that there’s anything wrong with flag football.

Pretty sad and funny people … if we can make up lies… all the better for everyone, Right?

They need a mirror to look into. :wink:

http://www.c-span.org/video/?320040-1/ecigarette-marketing

I dont know whats to say anymore. :spin:

The Truth in Advertising Act of 2014 or “Anti-Photoshop Act” was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives earlier this year by Florida Republican Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen along with Democrats Lois Capps of California and Theodore Deutch of Florida. If enacted, the bill will empower the FTC to regulate and reduce the use of Photoshopped images in media.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/19/looking-so-good-it-hurts-new-bill-would-let-ftc-regulate-photoshop/#ixzz358oFyOzH

Last post from me for awhile. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bye.

E-cigarettes are indeed an alternative to traditional cigarettes. They’re a suitable alternative for many because of the benefits they have over “smoking.”

If you don’t know whats to say no more, about the truth of the photoshop act 2014, then escape to the nature…see things as they are.

Attachments

Sounds good kbot…

Watch this first. Last post from me :stuck_out_tongue:

This will be my very last reply regarding e-cigs (vaping)
Im going onto 60 days tobacco free and I feel great, I don’t even snore anymore, LoL
among other really positive health improvements… I am not looking back.

I am very glad I finally decided to quit smoking altogether and hope some of you had
some fun? Listening to me rant/ramble …

My hopes for the future is WHO/FDA and other Gov branches do the right-thing
and clear the path for smokers trying to quit with the use of e-cigs (vaping)
and not pose harsh restrictions on its use and affordability…

If you never tried to quit smoking you really don’t understand how devastating this addiction is.
which in many cases can and does control/destroy many peoples lives.

Thanks for listening and good luck anyone trying to quit smoking.
I did , so can you.
Bye.

Okay, i just had to say`… 6 months Tobacco Free. :smiley:

Does not look good for smokers … or Vapers.

How fast things are changing and becoming desperate… always picking on smokers.

The problem is that the tobacco industry works more like a criminal enterprise than an honest business entity.

They make products that kill you, on top of that, they design their products to make you physically addicted so you have to continually buy packs and feed their coffers. To top it off, more recent iterations of cigarettes had changes to make it harder to quit and get addicted more easily.

E-cigs should mainly be marketed as a way to get the population off of tobacco for good, and then the feds should throw the top brass of companies like Marboro into prison. That might seem extreme, but they know that their products cause cancer along with a smorgasbord of other health ailments and they honestly don’t care if all their customers die early because of it (noting a statistic I’ve heard before that each pack takes 7 minutes off of your life expectancy).

killaz that travel in packs…

might I add…!

As does for example sugar. Ban all companies that put sugar in their products?

Also what might those mentioned changes be?

Yes, tobacco companies know their products cause cancer, but news flash: so does everyone else.

I’m not a smoker and I have never in my life smoked a cigarette or even tried one, but I think it’s ridiculous to blame the tobacco companies for making products that no one is forced to use (compare for example with “McDonalds made me fat”).

Morio, Ace is correct. tobacco in its self (raw state) is not that addictive,
its the craft of chemistry that puts the voodoo in cigs. Read the list of mojo, its huge.
Nicotine is really not the boogie-man every-one is lead to believe. From my personal experience anyway.

But hey, i read something like -----> e-cigs are a 2.2 billion dollars a year in U.S. Tobacco is 85 billion a year.

ohhh welll … as the world turns. :spin:

Congratulations! I am very happy for you! Keep going!!

I wonder what would have happened if my mother in law had the strength to stop smoking some time ago. She was really addicted to it and she passed away last month of lung collapse.

When you smoke, your body is ingesting a lot more than just tobacco.

Pure sugar for instance does not contain tar and other nasty substances, it’s also a lot easier to reduce or eliminate all consumption of sugar if you so chose (cigarettes are so addictive that there’s actual medication designed to help people quit).

Well said smoking killed my mother and farther I don’t know to many people that die from sugar other than a diabetic.

And getting diabetes (which can make sugar deadly) wouldn’t be seen as a major risk unless you become overweight or obese (ie. eating a lot and not countering that with outdoor or general exercise activity).