E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Hi Mathieu!
The latest Linux Builds of Blender 2.93 (Optix) don’t have Optix available. I checked official Blender Builds of 2.93 and here it shows up.
E-Cycles 2.92 however runs fine.

Thanks

1 Like

Looks like a windows store issue where you can’t resubmit another version without changing version number.

1 Like

Hi Johannes,
thanks for the report! I’ll have a look to it asap.
Kind regards,
Mathieu

Thank you for that explanation, I was really wondering what happened here and it finally can make sens :slight_smile: .

@bliblubli

Hi Mathieu,

Apologies for the late reply.
PM sent

These are the settings I’m using. I’ve been able to gain some render time by adding minimum light bounces and by using simplify.

2 Likes

Hi. I am trying to use AO node. I tried in every option ecycles provide…but it says its not supported in Optix backend. The problem is that after adding the node I need to close ecycles. The viewport freezes.

Is this a bug?

Is ambient occlusion turned on in your Nvidia settings for Blender?

why i can not find the download link in E-Cycles 2021 pre-order?

kakei when you ordered 2021 e_cycles you would have received an email from mathieu. To get quick answers contact him at that email. Thanks

1 Like

" Nvidia settings for Blender " Would you specify where can I find that ?
Thank you !

Nvidia control panel/3dsettings/Manage 3d settings/Global settings and Program Settings

1 Like

I added the software manually. It shows not supported for this application.
What do you think?

I am also experiencing an incongruency between viewport and render outcome. Unfortunately I can not share the whole scene. I might be able to recreate it without the confidential information.

test_viewport

On the left is the render and on the right the viewport.

The scene:

I have 3 cylinders inside a mesh that has an alpha material. On top of that mesh there is another cube with translucency emulating water. The cylinders should be visible only when we see them inside the alpha material of the mesh that contains them. The top face of my cube (the one that contains the cylinders) does not have an alpha. So basically in the right image (viewport) I see it as it should be. On the left the render shows reflections/reflaction in caused by the ocean material…The ocean material does not have any interaction with the cylinders…so I am really confused about why the translucent mesh / ocean is showing the cylinders in that funny way.

Go to post 3663. It seems you have to use CUDA. Maybe use the CUDA build and check if this changes your default settings in Nvidia. Or set the RTX build to CUDA under preferences/system. Send mathieu a message to the email you bought e_cycles from and see if there is an explanation among your e_cycles downloads. Good luck.

1 Like

Hi Bruno,
AO node in OptiX (Blender and E-Cycles) is only supported in 2.92+. If you use 2.92 or 2.93 builds, it should work as expected. Those builds are in beta and alpha respectively. If you find any bug, you are welcome to make a bug report through your Market Place (Answer purchase confirmation mail from Gumroad or click the “ask a question” button on the Blender Market page).

1 Like

New builds of E-Cycles LTS 2.83.12 are available!
The new builds include all the upstream fixes, plus following fixes:

• persistent images could create flickering when used with specific material setups
  • holdout collections were rendered in some edge cases with hidden volumes

Luan3D does some great archviz renders with E-Cycles and Affinity Photo:

https://twitter.com/Luan3dr_/status/1354051258081042432

https://twitter.com/Luan3dr_/status/1351151909726511105

https://twitter.com/Luan3dr_/status/1352351041409449985

Happy rendering!

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/Blender/status/1356600613103169540?s=19

@bliblubli, it seems to be a job for you, doesn’t it? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello!
I was going to upgrade E-Cycles latest version. Why this huge increase on price?

Hi. I am using ecycles and it seems to not be able to work properly with smoke simulation. The viewport seems to be frenetically refreshing.

Hi Victor, isn’t there an upgrade coupon available for existing customers? Cuda was about 79 Eur, Rtx/Cuda about Eur 149, like last year? (gumroad)

2 Likes