E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

I think you should contact your seller to solve issues related to purchase.

Mathieu is the seller of E-Cycles through gumroad. I have send an email and have not receive a response jet.

Edit: Since the issue has being resolve.

hello,
I would like to know if this build has this feature build in?

;
https://developer.blender.org/D2388
???

Hi Eric,
it’s simply impossible on Gumroad to switch people without their consent. Even for free stuff. I know as I have to send coupons for upgrades and test versions.

Hi,
not yet. I’ll have a look to it. 2.82 has bugs with motion blur and fluids and the devs are not yet sure if the bug will be fixed or the feature get disabled as far as I understand. I have to check if Alembic is touched or not before commiting.

A very nice interior scene rendered with E-Cycles by @EntityDesigner

If you want to learn more about the 2 projects I linked last time, see more renders and details, they are on BA too now:

2 Likes

Mathieu thank you for resolving the issue quickly. I should have dealt with this issue privately. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

1 Like

E-Cycles RTX 2.83 with OptiX viewport denoising is available for Windows and Linux!
Original patch by P.Mours from NVidia.

The BMW scene looks very good with a few samples :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m loving the new viewport denoiser! Also E-Cycles has paid for itself and some, been using it on simple freelance jobs.

1 Like

Today with E-Cycles:

Professionales make their own local render farms with E-Cycles 2020. Result, rendering in the Star Wars universe computed 2.6x faster. Quick, easy and much more affordable:
https://twitter.com/DeevanHoven/status/1216366189036949507

Faster render times also allows to spend more time learning for kids and allows to do more iterations. A 12 years old 3D artist made a pretty nice animation:
https://twitter.com/DeevanHoven/status/1215381747174707200

And user Obig made a very fast integration of 3D in real footage:
https://twitter.com/Jecky666/status/1215779231248146434

3 Likes

Hi, I’m using the new experimental update where GTX cards can use optix. I was able to get it to work for the first few times I rendered in viewport but now it says initializing then cancel right away, I cant figure out how to fix it.

Hi,
thanks for the report. Please contact me through your standard support channel (answer E-Cycles email on Gumroad or send message on the Blender Market product page). I would need your GPU model, drivers, OS and a file to reproduce the bug.

E-Cycles RTX 2020 has experimental support for GeForce GTX 1660 Ti and GTX 1660, along with the GTX 1080 Ti, GTX 1080, GTX 1070 Ti, GTX 1070, and GTX 1060 (6GB) cards now! Which means, you can benefit from fast BVH building and viewport denoising on those too and even render with a 2080Ti + 1080Ti for example!

You can see a screen capture of the 1080Ti using viewport denoising in the Evermotion scene 009 in the following video:

Feedback is welcome!

6 Likes

Awesome! I was hoping to see this in blender ever since I stopped using Octane in early 2019. I haven’t got 2020 yet because I’m still always using shader nodes and branched path tracing mostly. As soon as optix builds have these I’ll be back onboard.

1 Like

E-Cycles RTX 2020 now works on the 980Ti with viewport denoising!

It should actually work on any 9xx and 1xxx NVidia cards now.
4 Likes

Hi! I write this here because I don’t know if it’s something from E-Cycles. Maybe someone else have encountered this issue or knows the problem.
In the viewport rendering, the glass looks like this, which is ok. Is a simple principled bsdf with transmission. In the ray visibility options of the object, shadows are disabled.

render settings:
And the results are this:

Hopefully someone knows what is happening here?
Thank you so much

EDIT: Just discovered that is the clamp value. Setting it at 0 fix the issue, unfortunately this adds a lot of noise.
Sorry if this was evident! Btw, any way to prevent this kind of issues?

2 Likes

Thank you for your amazing work!

And sorry for asking about this. But decision purchase e-Cycles in 2019 for me, was not only speed up but also your promise sent patches used in e-Cycles to original Blender Cycles code.
When you planning start fulfill your promise? As far as I know, Cycles devs not received any patches yet.

3 Likes

As far as you know indeed.

Am i wrong?
That was answer of one of official Blender Foundation coders:
“I haven’t seen anything in the patch tracker. Have you tried asking him?”

The foundation answered my mails and even made first remarks about the source. If they really use tricks like that to avoid answering, I doubt it’s going to make the situation better.

@jesterKing You said you wanted to discuss those things in private and said yourself a code dump is good? And now Blender Foundation devs say their is nothing in the tracker and start to discuss things publicly of course hidding the fact that I send the code and you received it?

Anyway, here we go again. For being the only dev of the Blender Market and Gumroad to propose to contribute code back, I get troubles + questions giving the impression I see this as an argument to sell copies + would be lying, etc.

So to make it clear, I did send the code to the BF on the 7th of January. First answers to my mail confirm they got it.

5 Likes