E-Cycles - The fastest render engine for Blender. 3.2 release available now!

Ok Mat I just found out that the April version of 3.0 works but the version " E-Cycles_3.0_2021.1_alpha_20210607_win(CUDA)" is creating the crashing once I load the viewport in cycles mode.

1 Like

For E-Cycles_3.0_2021.1_alpha_20210607_win_lite_rtx , in the viewport if i select openimage denoise color+albedo it works it appears stableā€¦ The moment i switch to just color for the denoise, it crashes to desktopā€¦ dont know if thats of any help but it appears that instability is probably to do with viewport denoising.

ive been having a number of cuda errors on renders and thigns like entire tiles not renderingā€¦ it seems pretty buggy.
Bestto wait for the final cycles X stable release I think.

1 Like

These are the settings are what is causing the crashing

is there a setting you recommend I change on a GTX?

Dont use Optix denoise it cant hold a candle to OIDN 1.4
I would try disable the viewport denoise all together and see how stable it is.

Nope still crashing, I turned off all the denoisers and it just crashes when I hit the viewport render.

Here is a video showing what is happening, keep in mind, this is after a driver update and a restart of the machine, no addons added or enabled, and loaded factory settings. The April version works great but this version is just not working.

@bliblubli What is the compatibility in new E cycles ?

Ok So Mat fixed the crash issues for 3.0 and E7, @bliblubli, the compositor is set incorrectly unless I am missing something when I activate Ai denoise and go to the compositor it seems there is a disconnect happening in the nodes, shouldnā€™t it be when you activate the Ai denoise it automatically connects everything?

2 Likes

I saw thereā€™s a big discount going on, but on the blender market the price is still 299 for the rtx versionā€¦ how does it work? Is there a code?

try 777

As Mathieu stated in a mail

"E-Cycles in the best sold add-ons - Celebration sales!

Hello everyone! E-Cycles got itā€™s 7 alpha released 7 days ago and is now the 7th most sold add-on with a hearth and 5 stars rating!

You can fire that with the coupon code 777 to get 77.7% off the version of your choice on the Blender Market! The offer will last 7 days!

Happy rendering!
Mathieu"

2 Likes

I was probably still asleep while I read the email :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Thesonofhendrix,
thank you for the report! Iā€™ll have a look at that file asap. In the mean time, please ensure it fits on your GPU. NVidia only allows good performance with system memory on Quadro and Tesla GPUs.

Hi @dogdayfear and @judrake,
thank you for the report, it is fixed in the latest builds. E-Cycles 7 however focuses on speed for now qnd only has basics Blender denoising with a simple upgrade to OIDN 1.4. E-Cycles Pro 2.93 and 3.0 have the full E-Cycles AI-Denoiser feature set and image quality.

Hi @zigzack001,
E-Cycles 7 is the name of an E-Cycles branch focused on pure render speed. E-Cycles 3.0 on the other hand has a lot of professional features like Light groups and state of the art denoising techniques. E-Cycles 7 will be merged into E-Cycles when itā€™s stable enough. I have a development branch of E-Cycles on top of Cycles X, but performance is better based on E-Cycles 7 for now and E-Cycles 7 supports volumes on top.

Hi @Thesonofhendrix,
thanks for the tests. There was a 2x slowdown in this build of E-Cycles due to a bug. New builds should be much faster. If the slowdown persists in your file, you are welcome to make a report on the Blender Market (ā€œask a questionā€ button in the right panel).

Thanks to the thorough testing. I canā€™t reproduce the issue with the node not connected on my hand using the default startup file. For denoising, I recommend to use the standard E-Cycles builds, it offers much better results. E-Cycles 7 only has OIDN 1.4 while E-Cycles 3.0 and 2.93 have OIDN 1.4 and the E-Cycles AI-Denoiser, which allows for about 10x less samples.

E-Cycles got itā€™s 7 alpha released 7 days ago and is now the 7th most sold add-on with a :heart: and 5 stars rating!

Thank you!
You can :partying_face: that with the coupon code 777 to get 77.7% off the version of your choice! The offer will last 7 days!

Happy rendering!
Mathieu

Rendered with E-Cycles this week:

https://twitter.com/vvinter_man/status/1403063044213727239

Robot Tiger Figure by Michael Weisheim Beresin

https://twitter.com/Luan3dr_/status/1402088786599809028

https://twitter.com/PTrebjesanin/status/1401993018769559555

2 Likes

@bliblubli can you please explain the option ā€œcompatibility modeā€ before 2.93 it was old transparency. Is this the same things?

Can someone confirm that E-Cycles 7 doesnā€™t support displacement yet?
Iā€™m running E-Cycles_7_alpha_20210609a_win_rtx(Optix)

Can anyone confirm that E-Cycles is still faster than Cycles-X and K-Cycles? I see the charts, but just donā€™t know. I hear from some they didnā€™t really see any speed up. Other say K-Cycles is faster and K-Cycles is going to be upgraded with Cycles X so it will remain faster. Iā€™m also interested to know if E-Cycles works with displacement, hair, and if it crashes a lot. A while ago I had e-cycles, but it would crash if trying to render a lot of hair.