Ecclesia (World Screenshots and NPCs, & Animals)

Nice progress bro im impressed !!!
Keep up the Hard work !!! I like seeying BGE passionate artists developing games on bge.

Fred/K.S

1 Like

New NPC Characters are being added to Ecclesia
Mizraim,

Gracia,

and Magoā€™gnen,

I love it. I have never spent this much time making one game but you have kept it up and itā€™s looking great :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Nicholas!!! I really appreciate that. I put a lot of my heart and soul into this one.

Nice progress bro im impressed !!!
Keep up the Hard work !!! I like seeying BGE passionate artists developing games on bge.

Thanks Fred/K.S., I love making stuff in BGE and I want this to be one of the top tier BGE games.

1 Like

Hey all,

Here is some new content for Ecclesia. The Overworld.

I know it is Zelda music, it is placeholder. My own composers will score the final game.
This gives you an idea of the scope of Ecclesia.
60FPS average, with occasional drops to 30.
Please let me know if you think it would be better as a smaller map.
6 Forests (More to come), 1 City, 3 Rural villages (More to come), and oneā€¦surprise.
Next, I need to make a river, level the mountainous walls around the map, make bridges and other connecting paths to other levels. I will also add more people and animals in the near future; Issā€™tar had to be removed because she is set to follow Ecclesia, and it would have looked weird.

You are my nemesis :slight_smile:

Keep it upā€¦we need more big open world projects like this. I may need to do a similar video showcasing my world sizeā€¦one thing that I have noticed regardless of how much code is running or notā€¦the number of objects have a huge impact on performanceā€¦I am making tree and rock groups instead of single objectsā€¦leaving single objects just for touch ups.

You are my nemesis

Nah, weā€™re just friendly competition :wink: .
Iā€™ve seen your game, and it looks great; youā€™re a much better level designer than I am.

Keep it upā€¦we need more big open world projects like this. I may need to do a similar video showcasing my world sizeā€¦one thing that I have noticed regardless of how much code is running or notā€¦the number of objects have a huge impact on performanceā€¦I am making tree and rock groups instead of single objectsā€¦leaving single objects just for touch ups.

I certainly will. There a lot of key points to be able to make an open world like this. Iā€™m blessed to have found the Dynamic Sky template, the water shader, and the moving cloud script. Polys do have an impact on performance, but I think shaders and post-processing has the most effect. I currently donā€™t have a lot of grass in this level, cause it hurts the FPS, but if I found a dynamic grass shader I would look into it.

Groups: I load things into the scene from there own .blends as group; it certainly make the Outliner more manageable.

For optimization I recommend, LOD, Occluder objects, specific collisions for each object (and if it is not important, no collision), and perhaps lower resolution settings.

Collisions: For things like trees: seperate the leaves from the root and branches. Then use about 75% of the root mesh to make a collision object for the tree and make it invisible; the root, branches and leaves should all be set to ā€œNo Collision.ā€

Make sure your collision arenā€™t conflicting and then check the console regularly when there are frame drops.

Shadows: I use shadows from 1440-2880 res. Never use variance unless you have a ton of FPS to spare. The larger the area your shadows cover the more optimized it is for an open-world game. I use 750 units as the cover space for the shadows then vertex parent them to the character so they can follow him around the 25,000 unit across terrain.

Textures: I also decided on toon shading, because it allows for lower-res textures from the standpoint of an ā€œart-style.ā€ Also, jpgs when you can.

Find the most taxing items in your scene and optimize them like crazy. Of course, some things are just the result of how powerful your computer is, but it can be worked around to some degree.

1 Like

Keep it up :slight_smile: Itā€™s great to see how far youā€™ve come with this game.

why not put a custom filters veneti (light) dof (into the distance) and bloomx (make color glow some) add some kind of foliage even simple, put a good lens flare. try to push it a little more then just big! do some real modeling work on iconic props (donā€™t need to be HD) make a mountain pass are and mix it with actual modeling and displacementā€¦

Iam always impressed by this project , Always Awesome work and keep it up canā€™t wait to see more !!!

Fred/K.S

fantastic work! like the style

didnt watch the whole video, but i kinda skipped through, so let me know if im being ignorant :slight_smile:

it seemed a little awkward having the character/horse align to the normals.

shadows are textures, so in my unprofessional observation, making them a power of 2 ā€˜shouldā€™ increase efficiency. 512, 1024, 2048, 4096. i use 4096 for almost all my sun lamps (except when i have other shadows lamps), and even my 560ti eats it up. its just 8192 that really gets messy.

1 Like

What I need next is reflection turned on for the water, then clouds, and grass around their feet.
Then I can take it to post.
Click on the image for better quality

Mizahr Desert (Sahara)

The Plain of Shinar

The Great Deep (Mediterranean)

TEMP Animals assests

Chaldean Man

Chaldean Woman

Woooooiiiwwwwwwwww iam so excited and surprised well done there bro !!!
Thats awesome progress so far mayte !!!

Fred/K.S

Hey All,

I havenā€™t posted updates in a while, but I am hard at work on Ecclesia.
Here are some images for dialogue boxes

(This one isnā€™t actually in game, it is photo-shopped, but it is an indication of where it is going.)

Iā€™m glad to see youā€™re still working on it

Pretty cool to see that this project is still ongoing. Good luck!

Looking great and keep it up bro
Iā€™m happy abt yr project.

Fred/K.S

Testing the new toon shader in shadows and in direct lighting. Also added Depth of Field to the overworld.