Elpis The Game (Infinite Procedural Terrain - VIDEO)

Yes @YNSv I’m really calm, I’m just a little frustrated, that’s it… I read you post and I fully agree with you on the art style issue, and I’m changing it as you read this. Thank you for the comment, I’m not looking for a discussion I simply want to know what you blender artist think about the game, not the technical issues (engine, python, etc)…

The Discussion is one of the rather pointless ones, actually.
Why BGE 2.49? You started the Project with it, you’re comfortable with it, and you do a good Job with it, so I don’t see why anyone would have good Reason to suggest any Engine Migration.

And about Sharing your Work, I agree with both Sides. From Time to Time it is necessary that People share their Wisdom so others can learn from it, especially when they achieve something rather new (like martinsh’s recent Refractions) – my 2D-Filters are simple, but I could not make any such if I didn’t have those of mpan3 and martinsh to dissect. BUT as said: There are several Links to Ragdoll Systems, so why would you need to share yours? In Fact, you DID share it by the few simple Words: »link a bone from a armature to an object, then make this object a rigidbody… Ta-da!«
I mean, hello, Guys? That is basically the whole »Secret«! You can improve that basic System by adding some Constraints of the Rigid Body Joint Type, and that’s it.

EDIT: Ô, I almost forgot: The Water Texture reflects nicely, the smooth Alpha looks really pretty. It is true that the Colors are a Bit too grey – in fact, the Sand terrain at least had some nice beige Sand Colors. But you are working on it anyway right now. : )

I’m way less frustrated now I see that many of you agree or even partially agree with me, thank you…

I like what you’ve got so far. The character animations are excellent. I’ve never really been a fan of wall running, but that’s just me. I like how your guy changes his posture based on the type of obstacle he’s encountering. To me, great games are ones you forget you are playing. I mean this - every game has a moment that screams “This is a game!”. Adding natural character controls will help people forget they are playing a game, and get wrapped up in the world. Very nice.

As always, I was very glad to see that you commented, your comments very important to me! Thank you @3dmedieval, I love you work! :smiley:

New image re-making the main character:

Thanks. Nice character - he’s almost as muscular as I am! Ha! Very different than your first character, but I suppose he’ll have clothes. I know nothing of this, but don’t you just model the whole character with his clothes in 1 mesh?

Hey hey nweissberg im likin the new player ya makin, so far so good bro keep up the good work, no doubt already ya game is one of the better lookin games out there in the blenderartist.org site and is makin blender look more appealing to both the blender and non blender world so def keep it up bro! games like these are thee ones that inspire others to keep pushing, so keep it up bro and keep us updated when ya can!

Did you sculpt that character yourself? Or did you get it from makehuman or some other site like that?

The profile looks alright. And the upper body is good too. But his waist is too narrow and he has much too little space between his legs. If you fixed that he would look so much better, anatomy-wise.

He also seems much older than your previous character. is that intentional?

Ps: I like how active you are right now. There were times when this thread stood still for months. Keep working as fast and efficient like this and you’ll make progress like never before. If you have enough free time, of course :wink:

Thank you @TNSv, @TonyPowell and @3dmedieval
Still a Work in Progress: :smiley:

Hope you all like it

Wowowowowow

That’s truly awesome
Keep us updated

Ô! When you showed the first WIP Screenshot of that new Sculpt, I couldn’t really imagine him to replace the so far known Character… but this last Screenshot made quite some Difference! :slight_smile:

very nice. It’s looking truly amazing. One thing I noticed is that the muscle on the back of his arm looks strange…

One thing I’d like to point out:
The muscles above the knee and at the triceps are too defined to the point of looking ugly. You might want to fix that.
Also, the ankles on the previous picture are way too defined as well. Forgot to point that out.

With the modification you all mentioned
And please point out any more issues :wink:

[Edit] I really like the feedback

Now I can tell it is him – the Beard makes him much more sympathic (to me).
Even the new Creases on his Clothing are rather æsthetic.
Is he supposed to look real or rather »toony-real« (think PoP: Forgotten Sands) – because if he is supposed to look »toony-real« then he looks pretty much perfect already.

The Emargination(?) at the Back of his Upper Arm should be lighter and slightly narrower I would think.
And even though the Muscles are generally awesomly done, the lower Part of his Back looks a Bit like Clothing as well (Creases).

@C.A.ligári Very well observed, the idea was to make him toony-real like Price of Persia (by the way awesome game, and a very good reference) I’ll give the muscular anatomy some more work, and start some armor parts, if you (or anyone who reads this) have some nice reference, even a name of a game would suffice, than it would be amazing if you shared with me. Thank you very much for the feedback!

Wow, that’s almost flawless work. Congratulations!

The muscles on the back of his neck are too defined. If you smoothen them out, then I’ll probably have no more things to point out :’)

Great model. This will help your game a lot.
Downside is that you’ll have to make everything look this good now. XD

Have you thought of releasing a demo any time soon? This has been in development for quite a while and honestly I’d like to test it and see how far you’ve actually progressed by trying out the gameplay for myself.

The final highpoly model: :wink:

Possible names:
Camulus
Lecter
Lugh
Balor
Lugaid

@AniCator I’m not sure when but I’ll release a demo…

I think Lecter is a good name.