Elpis the game

Try something like this:

Attachments

You play magic? or did you just find that image in a search?

Also, the caves are finished, so tell me a way to send them to you. All I have to do is make some stones, and stalagmites and stalactites, and once it’s textured and the automatons are made, we’ve pretty much finished the first level and have a demo. (Also, in case you were wondering about automatons, they are just humanoid mechanical creations gears, cogs, big and menacing…)

Attachments

DividedSpleen: Those caves look sweet :slight_smile: Are there any places you can die? I.E. I think there should be things like crevices, etc so it makes the game more interesting.

nweissberg: Thanks for the pix. I’ll get to work on a new elf model. Do you want me to texture?

Yeah, there’s a bridge where you can die, but the steam punk machines with circle saws will be pretty dangerous too :wink:

I’m sorry but I’ll be back soon… 3 to 5 days seeya :smiley:

DividedSpleen - Could you let me use the caves for my Nerf Gun FPS? If so just PM me the .blend but great project! :smiley:

-shingwantin

@ ShingWanTin: Ummm…You’d have to get permission from nweissburg for that, because he plans on selling this game, so I’m really not at liberty to hand out work that will be used for this project. I also don’t think that you can PM .blend files, but I’m not certain, if you can, I’d like to know so I can send stuff to nweissburg. I saw your nerf game in the WIP thread, but haven’t looked at it yet. If you want, I can make some other caves for you, just so that I’m not backstabbing nweissburg.

I don’t think you can PM blends, but you can link upload sites, such as mediafire.com

Sure, I’d be glad if you would make me some other caves (I am not too good at making them) but anyways, If you are planning on selling this game, are you going to copywrite the game? I hear it is quite expensive…

-shingwantin

Heres an update of some of the buildings I’ve been making for the city. They werwe originally going to be more medival looking, but I realized that they would be varied because of the fact the market for the Steam-Lord country is capatalist, and the main source of power is steam, which it what the smokestacks are for. The huts are at the fringes, while houses more towards the center.

Attachments

How is this for a menu idea? The dude would still need to be textured and stuff but I though I would just check with you first to see if you liked it.

Attachments

yeah, i like it. You should have a different tree model though… try this one i made:big_tree.blend (856 KB)

Thanks, mokazon. I’ll implement that tree into the scene. What do you think Nick?

Ok, a couple things to talk about.

I hope Weissberg comes back soon, as I just sent him the current caves file, so he can hopefully set that up with his character. I’m finishing up the decorations for the caves, and I think that’ll be done soon. I also plan on trying my hand at making some little rock monsters and some large rats (don’t know how that will go…), but before I do that I’m going to make the automatons/mechanical men that attack you and your mentor when you are in the caves. Weissberg plans on releasing a demo for the first level, which is the caves, so the sooner I get this done the better. I also have a possible story outline (in case Weissberg’s friends haven’t done anything yet) for the first six levels. It’s kinda long, but there’s lots of action, a conspiracy, and explosions, plus the events that lead you to becoming a pirate, which was the idea Weissberg had in the first place. I believe it’s possible to make it into a game with Weissberg’s abilities.
So, all we need at this point are enemies for you to kill in the caves to make a demo at this point, so this is looking hopeful:).

Sorry I’ve been gone for quite some time now…
School is almost over I didn’t have time to keep posting update, but here goes a new video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3qmy_6Sse4 :yes:
I’ve changed a lot of things, just not the scenario, when I finish all the stuff I need to finish I’ll present you all with a new scenario. :wink:

Thanks for all the waiting
And once again sorry :frowning:

Looks awsome! I’m not so sure about the enemeys exploding though… maybe a death animation or even ragdoll would be better? Keep it up. I’m glad this project is not dead.

Wow, this is looking really good, keep it up.

Hey guys I’m currently working on the particles system for the game…
If any of you that get this message please post any particle texture that you have in hands.
Thanks to all

P.S.: I’ll never let the project die… xD

Glad to see you back! It’s been a while, and I haven’t done much…did you get my link?

Check out the new videos xD
thx