Elpis the game

Okay, I’ve worked alot more on the caves, no pics so far, but I’ll get that when I get home. It’s 1803 faces, and probably halfway finished, so I don’t know if I can keep you polycount limit. When I get the chance, I’ll PM you the blend file with a basic texture and you can see if it works well in the game, and if you like the modelling or not.

aha, thanks!

UHHHG! I had pretty much the whole menu worked out but then Windows crashed. I though I hade backed it all up on a sperate partition but when I reinstalled windows it was not there… I also lost most of my other blender projects so I guess this will be my main focus now. Screens soon.

Oh DUDE!!
that has got to suck so hard!
Man, bad luck!

hello, I have a video for a possible title sequence. Just let me know if you like it or not. I plan on making an infinity symbol and putting it right inside the curvy part of the “E.” I’m also rendering a second one that takes 200 frames to cycle rather than only 100.
oh, and nweissburg, the thing you said needed to be said. People need to start actually doing things.

So one that note, the caves are half finished, along with a possible script (not python, storyline) for the caves adventure has been written by me. I’ve also begun to plan out a level that takes place in a city, with a keep in the middle. For the city, I’ve modeled some huts that will be at the fringes.

EDIT: wrong url
http://vimeo.com/6688935

This is just amazing! I love it!

Finnally a screen of my progress on the menu! I still need a water texture… What do you think?
Can you think of any looped animations to make the menu more interesting. I thought it would be cool to make the water move.

Attachments

I’m sorry, I’ve been so absent here in the forum, and you all know how it is, evaluation week (school) sucks, I’ve been studding a lot.

Ohh, that has got to suck (I hate when my cpu crashes), but you know it’s how it is, my father always used to say: “The second time always gets better” (I never enjoyed rearing that :D)

I couldn’t see the video on vimeo of the cave, and I really tried. I get a weird message (go figure). And sorry for this but I don’t like to see the name of the project typed wrong, It’s called ELPIS not ELIPSIS. Ellipsis two L’s, is a mark or series of marks that usually indicate an intentional omission of a word or a phrase from the original text.
And Elpis In Greek mythology, was the personification of hope, perhaps a child of Nyx and mother of Pheme, the goddess of fame, renown and rumor. She was depicted as a young woman, usually carrying flowers or cornucopia in her hands. In Hesiod’s Works and Days, Elpis was the last item in Pandora’s box (or jar). Based on Hesiod’s description, the debate is still alive to determine if Elpis was only hope, or more generally expectation. Two different things. I’m sorry mistakes happen.

I liked the menu, but I thought in something with less stuff and not so colorful, have you ever played “Assassin’s creed” or “Crysis”, I like those types of menus, simple but to the point. Of course we could have real-time animated background, but when I did technical college of propaganda, marketing and design, we used to use more clean spaces, so the viewer can get all the visual information they need, in a blink of an eye. So let’s try again and go for something simple and nice looking.

Ok, got it. What kind of stuff would you like the background then?
Also, basicly you want me to shift the focus more onto the menu itself than the background. Maybe just have like the logo at the top then the menu buttons down the middle with a distent background?

Oh, I feel so awkward, let me fix that :o.

But you couldn’t see the caves videos? I’ll just PM the current blend files to you tomorrow, alright?

Don’t mind it was nothing, it happens. Please post the blend file I can help editing the footage.
As soon as we get a level completed, all the combat, all the programming and menus done I’ll give every one that helping the project a open game demo OK ;D (a beta test)

So the caves will be the first level after all?

Of course. Why not, a cave is an awesome start

Alright! I feel speshull heehee. Anyway, all I have to do for the caves is finish the route back to the surface, and then add decorations. Also, two things, I can’t really texture, so if you know someone who can that would be good. Second, nweissberg, how should I send stuff to you? I probably can’t do it by e-mail, but maybe I can, and I don’t think that there is a way to do that using Private Messages. If you know a way, let me know, I want to give you the caves as fast as possible.

Second, I made a quick sketch of a SteamLord city. The center building is the keep and wall, the blue is the moat, red buildings are two to three stories high, green buildings are single story houses, and purple buildings are hut/small houses. I plan on modeling all these so nweissburg, don’t worry. Unless you want me to start on something else, just let me know.

EDIT: Dammit, I hate this computer. Now it’s stopped uploading things, as well as being able to get e-mail. I’ll just take screenshots.

nweissberg, do you have a facebook?

do you need me to model anything else? And with my new graphics tablet i can texture stuff…(still need to practice a lot though)

No I don’t have a face book but I have Orkut, do you know it?
I can texture if you’d like, there’s no problem. And you can continue what you were doing, when I need your help I won’t hesitate on calling you, don’t worry.
By the way. Your video inspired me, so I tried making one myself, just for fun, I’ll upload it now.

Thanks

Mokazon, I’d like any of those thing that I asked for, I’m not sure I’ll use that elf of yours, it’s too low poly, that texture needs some more work, and it’s not even rigged. I’m sorry.
Try sending some structure models. Maybe organic is not our strongest.

Thanks for the concern

I didn’t want to make a full texture, model, and rig if I wasn’t sure if you liked it. It would help if you could link some images that you want the models to look like. The texture was just simple so you can see the basic concept of the clothes. I’ll look at your previous post, but could you tell me what you want them to look like?

Maybe you could use mediafire to upload stuff. dropbox is also supposed to be good for collaborative projects, but I’ve never used dropbox.