Elpis the game

It might be a little laggy or maybe it’s the video capture :smiley:
yeh… I also just came from school, but it’s ok!
I’m obviously going to switch that goblin it’s just for representation. I’ll model one.

I didn’t quite think about the sound track yet, but a field song would be nice (compatible with blender) just for the background.
I had some problems in my previous projects it’s very hard to get the right media file that matches with blender. I’d like some help with that. :smiley:

A test for the goblin (I still need to do the armor):eyebrowlift:

Attachments

nice! Okay, heres a pic of the intro so far, I’m still trying to get the particles to orbit properly, is there a way to constrain their movement to a path or within a lattice? That would be really helpful to know. Also, I can’t really texture well, so if we have an official texturer, I can send them some stuff to texture.

And did you see my videos of the caves?

Attachments

Very nice sun material, very nice.
Yes of course I saw the videos, and I thought I had commented about it, I’m sorry if I haven’t. It looks very god, I also liked the texture. Speaking of textures, what textures you were looking for?

One more Image:
:rolleyes:

Attachments

No, I have a friend you can make textures, and make them tileable. I just need a list of what needs to be done. Nice goblin by the way. For all the monsters, are they going to have individual stats, but with varied weapons that do different damage? And I should be able to finish the caves this weekend :), so I need to know who to send them to so they can get textured. BTW, the caves so far in the most recent picture are only around 1200 faces, and they’re pretty big. I’m rather happy its so low poly.

After the caves I think I’ll get to work on a village where the building start as mud and straw huts and progress to more advanced buildings the closer you get to the catsle, which I’ll model later. The stone towers are on hold for the moment.

hey! I just noticed we got 4 stars. who did that?

Only 1200 faces!!! OMG!!! I’m impressed. Keep it up :yes:
On my end here we still have 5 stars :confused:
Yes each enemy is going to have their own stats and weapons, (your strongest weapon takes 5 hp) example:

Goblin:
Life: 15
Weapon: Club with spikes
Speed: 0.08 (Blender units)

Red Dragon:
Life: 500
Weapon: Fire ball
Speed: 0.20 (B.U.)

The Dawisch,
Maybe your occupied in some other project, but I’d really like some news on the game menu (I liked your idea of a real time 3d background), or maybe you’ve just haven’t visited the forum, it’s ok. :wink:
Take your time. When and if you show me the test for the menu post your true name so I can add you t the game credits.

To mokazon,
I’d like to know your final position if you want in or not, I posted what I need help with, I really need all the help I can get. And when you post me a game model post your true name, so I can also add you to the list

And Spencer Kuhnsman your already on the list

Thanks to all

Hey, I was wondering if you could send me a blend with some of your props and stuff. It would be really nice to have some of your models and textures to use with the menu so that it fits the games graphic style. Hopfully I’ll have somthing to show soon. I’m sort of busy with school starting up and all.

Imagine you’ve been working on something for 4 year and just someone takes that away from you, how would you feel? You know it’s not that I don’t trust you I just can’t trust anybody, don’t get me wrong. :frowning:

Of course I could send a blend file it’s just that good artists copy, great artists steal.
So the file that I’m posting here is just a demo only the player’s “skin” (no armature no texture and no programming) when you win my trust and I see that you capable of doing something for the project, I’ll send the true file. :smiley:

Attachments

Nick’s Skin.blend (282 KB)

Oh yeah, also could you maybe make the money on the HUD just the little icon and not the Ca$ thing. I think it seems more professional and just looks better that way. I don’t know I guess it’s not a big deal I just thought I would throw that out there.

So, the main character’s name is Nick?

Also, for weapons, you seem to have the animations down, for the spells and magic, I think it would be cool for each to have their own “martial arts” style. For instance, instead of the usual palm out for casting a fireball, the fire form relies more on a martial art that involves a lot of kicking, sharp actions, while water could be more of a flowing steady and patient kind of style.
I also saw you didn’t have people for water or earth bending. Since there’s only four mentors, I think it makes sense to have them control fire, air, water, and earth, which were the elements of the world as the Greeks portrayed them.

nweissberg: No problem, I understand not just wanting to give away your game (though I can assure you I wouldnt steal your work) what you sent me is all I really needed anyways :slight_smile: thanks, I’ll get to work on the menu now.

Also, nice goblin! He looks aweswome!

Sorry, my bad. That blend is not what I need. I was thinking just props on the main menu. So like maybe those crates and the tree? I could shrink the tree down, fill in the door, and use it as a regular tree on the main menu. If you could send me the crate model and the tree model (with textures) that would be perfect.

I made a model of the elf. I have made a simple texture that i painted with blender paint, but he will need a better one :wink:

elvenwarrior.blend (629 KB)

Cool, Mokazon. But this isn’t quite the style for this game. Nice work on this game, everyone! 5 stars!
If you need help animating the goblin, let me know :wink:

Sorry but I’m going to be an ass here.
I like all the complements about my work and all that I did, but I’m looking for people that can help me get the job done, those ones that needs my help or my things to get something done, are just not good enough creators, I’m sorry but I did all the work that you’ve all seen here alone. I love the help, but I don’t enjoy persons that are file sucking vampires. :no:
A texture or something simple, I can help with but a 3D model it’s just too much to ask. I’d prefer that ho ever thinks that I’m posting my files here, just leave the project.
Try to model your own stuff. :wink:

MAX poly count for the 3D models:

Main character: 3000 faces
Enemies: 1000 faces
Items: 100 faces
Decorations (all kinds of stuff): 150 faces
Structures (houses, etc.): 400 faces
Really Big Things: 2000 faces

Thanks

Ok… well, it seems like you would use the same game models for the same props throughout the game to keep it all the same style, but whatever! I guess I’ll try to make some props that look the same as your’s bassed of your videos… could you atleast PM the crate texture?

you know google tipe crate texture
but here’s the link

http://zach.in.tu-clausthal.de/teaching/cg2_07/literatur/glsl_tutorial/images/crate.jpg