Eternal work

I always make quite happy and colorful images, but I’ve been wanting to do something darker with a skeleton for some time now. So now I got two weeks free time before my new job as a lighting artist so I wanted to create something when I had the time :slight_smile:
So I modelled and sculpted the skeleton from scratch in Blender, and then also managed to do a basic rig so I could pose him. Also did the boat, used the skin modifier to create the long smoothly bent planks, quite fun way to work ^^
A bit of geo node scattering for those skeleton parts under water, also my first attempt at simulating fire in Blender and lastly some volumetrics. Rendered at around 6k, 1500 samples clocking in at 37 minutes on my 3060ti. Comp done in Photoshop.

This is just for thumbnail ^^

95 Likes

Very good job! Love the dark them.

1 Like

Thank you! Quite fun doing dark stuff ^^

1 Like

Shure thing, contemplating doing a Banshee myself.

Great work.

1 Like

Really great balance in all aspects. Composition, color, and lighting. Love it!

1 Like

Thank you guys :slight_smile:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Nice nice, thank you!

1 Like

Always awesome works! Unique style :+1:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

looks so nice :+1:

1 Like

noice render :)))

1 Like

Nice work… Curious, how long did it take you to model the main skeleton? Something like this just scares the crap out of me to try and model (because of the time involved, not becasue it’s spooky :wink: ). Seems like I’d get frustrated…

1 Like

I like this very much. I had not thought of Charon as being a skeletal figure, but why not? The open-fire “lantern” is particularly effective, and the wood texture on the boat is delicious. :+1:

1 Like

wow I love it
amazing work, well done

1 Like

Yey, thanks bartv :slight_smile:

Thanks ^^ About a week maybe? Did some stuff in between so I’m no completely sure, but it wasn’t to bad. Hardest thing was to do a decent rig for him, I’m really bad with that stuff! Would lile to animate him but I don’t think the rig is good enough for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #characters category! You can vote for it here.

1 Like