Face Cutter - tool for cutting face

face-cutter-1

Face Cutter is a simple tool for cutting face. It allows you to snap on the snapping point, then draw a perpendicular line to cut the face easily. You can also rotate the line by angle or align it to any edge.

The function of this tool is similar to blender’ K key knife, but it is better and more convenient. (does not measure by screen space).
Also it has the ability to cut-through the whole mesh, it is similar to Ctrl R of blender, but it is not limited to quads. This tool works on ngons.

face-cutter-2

face-cutter-3

face-cutter-4

face-cutter-5

face-cutter-6

face-cutter-7

face-cutter-8

This tool is handy and designed for general modeling task. :slightly_smiling_face:
It is now available on gumroad !

21 Likes

Answer plz - If object transforms haven’t applied how it behaves?

is ther any way to make straight cut on angled face? like in this example - resulted cut will be angled cause of face angle https://i.imgur.com/4YvXygs.png

also there should be option to turn off snapping to cut close to edges

As tested, it cuts normally without problem. Did you have any problem ?

1 Like

Do you mean perpendicular cut line ? Yes it should be perpendicular to your selected edge.
If it doesn’t behave normally, please send me some example file (containing the mesh that doesn’t work), I will check it and fix the bug :slightly_smiling_face:
I tested on a lot of meshes and doesn’t meet problem yet.

Also please note that sometimes the tool cut correctly (perpendicular line), however it doesn’t look like.
It is because of the view angle of your viewport.
If you are not viewing the face 100% from the top (face normal direction), it is always hard to see it perpendicular.
It happened to me many times and I always rotate and check the face after cut, and it was perpendicular. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No, just want to know before buying cause had such problems with another cutting addon…

1 Like

Face Cutter Version Update 1.1.0 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

• Now you can press S key to symmetric copy your cutting lines.
  • For cutting corners, now you can press D key to set line to 45 degree, press D again will set it to -45.
  • Bug fix (blender’s matrix math error)
5 Likes

Another very useful add-on! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you bro :innocent:

1 Like

Great tools Kushiro!

1 Like

Thanks you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Please post your works here if you used face cutter to make something cool :slightly_smiling_face:

Face Cutter update 1.2.0

This is a major update

• Now you can press E key to switch to “Easy Edit mode” .
    All snapping points will show up in this mode.
    You can simply click the point to create cut-line.
    (* This mode replaced the old Ctrl + Click method for making two points line)
3 Likes

That’s a good update!

A request:

• Press a number 2-9 to set the number of divisions
1 Like

It is a clever idea :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Let me think about it in next update.

6 Likes

Hi Kushiro,

is there a way to set the width between two or more snap points by a predefined value, e.g.2.5 mm?
(No need for cad precision btw, more like a millimeter paper raster…)

2 Likes