Faith [Finished]

Yea, I know what you mean, I am going to delete some grass and shorten it along the tree areas, but it’s not going to be that easy to make the ground level change that’ll take some time since you have to do that manually. Also randomizing the grass will take long too… I think what I’m going to do is delete all the grass and make a big patch with brown, orange and green grass, with different heights then copy it everywhere on the plane. For around the trees, I’ll make the grass shorter, there are going to be spaces with no grass at all. What do you think I should do to make it look better, I mean, where should I take of grass, where do I shorten it, or should I just take of all the grass and add rocks, bushes and other foresty things? I think the grass could be used somewhere else, like on the overworld field, but not in the forest. What do you think? Should I take it all off, or do what you suggested?

As someone who lives in a forest I’d suggest to keep some of it where there are clearings, but go for more leaves/rocks/moss/dirt in the actual forest. For making the ground a bit more uneven, the sculpt tool is a beautiful thing. :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing it this weekend!

Yup, it.s on my computer and I.m bring my moms labtop, it doesnt have GLSL. So what I.ll do is put it on my SD cards and put it on your computer it.s a bit messy. :yes: But we.ll fix that up.

Bump for demo and new screenshots! Tell me what you guys think, suggestions, and how to fix my glitches. Thanks guys, that will help a lot.

Linkxgl

Bump for BETA Game Demo and New Screenshots

its very nice!!! from what i played ,i like it :wink: keep working on it mate

Thanks, shotforce. I am going to be making the environment tomorrow and possibly, destructible items. I’m also working on the menus, text, life, ect. Thanks, I’m still looking for feed back please, I want to know what you guys think before I do more.

Hey, can any body help me make a simple AI script, because I have no idea how to do it. I mean, path finding is one of the hardest things to do in 3D, and I can’t do it… All I want is a simple AI script, here is what I mean.

When player gets, near enemy (3 blender units) or Ray 30 blender units, it follows player and the near distance changes to 30 blender units.
When player is out of range, do “walk around” IPO
When it gets a message with an integer number in it (10) message. get the subject and the enemy loses whatever number was the subject.
If enemy gets to lower or 0 health. The health is 0 and the enemy dies(play animation and fade away)
If Ray hits player send message to player.

And that’s basicly it. If you want to add something extra that’ll be awesome.
If any of you want to help me out, I’ll be sure to credit you. Thanks,

Linkxgl

Come on… Can I have some feed back? If my game is really that bad can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Can someone please tell me what I’m doing? Any crit is OK, just speak your mind, I don’t care what it is. I feel like this thread doesn’t exist…

The link for the demo isn’t working…it looks fun though.

ha ha, you clicked the wrong link lol, check the May 18th update :slight_smile:

downloading…

playing…

pretty nice! The movement for the walk animation goes too fast and so does the ladder climb. I like the camera collisions! Also on the ladder climb, the knees should go up a little higher.

eh, ok, thanks, the animation, I’m not really to worry about, but I mean did you find any glitches with the ledge hang? And if you did can you give me advice on how to fix it?

Thanks

Linkxgl

well, when he ledge hangs, his arms go up to hold on when he is already hanging there. it looks really weird.

and to fix the glitch I said earlier, just slow down the movement, not the animation.

about the AI, on a earlyier post u said you could do the AI, and know your saying you cant! anyways the game looks alright

I can make the AI OK, what I meant is that, if some can make AI for me because mine won’t turn out as good :). yeah, I’m sometimes confusing. Summery(lol): I can make AI, it just won;t turn as good if a person who knows how can do it. :slight_smile:

have pathfinding example
it’s not got any logic it is just a way to explain it

Attachments

pathfinding_for_linkxgl.blend (441 KB)

Bump for AI/Enemy!! Here’s the game link and a screenshot!

Blender 2.49 RC3: http://www.mediafire.com/?2mq2meatgey

Also, please… If anybody wants to help PLEASE join, don’t hesitate! I need help, I can’t do it by myself, I’m only 13 :slight_smile:

And the screenshot:

Attachments

Only 13? Then thats cool for you! you still have plenty of years ahead of you to work on it! (until you get older… and have a job… and be too busy with work or real-life stuff…)

sincerly I really wish I had your age…

Looks cool, but I haven’t downloaded rc3 yet. :stuck_out_tongue:
Wow! You are only 13? I am only 11! :stuck_out_tongue: Did you do all the scripting yourself?